Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 242054 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #225
Yes, I'm aware of that. However, almost all foobar components use static linking because it is easier for the users...

There is a way around this: link to "generic" version-less runtime libraries. See http://code.google.com/p/xchat-wdk/wiki/InfoKK for more information. I haven't tried this myself but I think that would be the ideal solution (though missing debug info).

I guess it's OK for users to install the runtime, it's not so hard when you get 'used to it'.

Reply #226
Thanks.
I moved the discussion here for convenience and to see whether we could establish a common policy.
Ops may want to move a few topics to this discussion.

Reply #227
V2.2.

Foobar 1.1.6    XP

"Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."

Reply #228
V2.2.        Foobar 1.1.6    XP  "Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."

Starting from version 1.9, you may also need Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.

Reply #229
He just cannot understand this.

Reply #230
it would be nice if plorg could use Columns UI "Colours and fonts" themed / custom settings.

Reply #231
A new version is available, which plays nicer with facets current & playing selection.

Reply #233
Is there a reason the playlist order in foo_plorg doesn't necessarily correspond to the actual playlist order? I mean, regardless of subfolders or whatever, it's still a list of playlists from top to bottom, right? I had to switch back to Playlist Switcher because of this, since I use "go to next/prev playlist" commands in my setup. It's not a huge deal, but I'd rather use your plugin then Playlist Switcher because of the tree structure, so I'd just like to request that feature if it's possible.

Reply #234
I've added the point to the to do list.

Reply #235
first of all thanks for this great component.

I'm not quite sure, if the following feature request might be feasible with the sdk. could you implement a checkbox for each folder/playlist that makes the playlist invisible in other playlist managers like playlist tabs or drop down lists. this would be an easy way to manage backup or not used playlists.

Reply #236
Great component! I just decided to use this since playlists have been piling up...

One small bug:
- context menu shows up only after the second right click

And two small feature requests:
- ability to adjust indentation (I would like it to be smaller)
- better icons for "+" and "-" for folders
  - looks ugly when using "dark themes" (DUI themes with dark background, e.g. dark blue)

Thanks.

Reply #237
Here's a weird one:

I have the Playlist Organizer in a tab along with the Album List viewer and Metadata.
When I go to the View -> Playlist Organizer menu item, it correctly selects and highlights the tab.
However, if I assign a keyboard shortcut to that very menu item (the shortcut appears in the menu), it opens up a separate Playlist Organizer window instead, with a completely different organisation of the playlists.

Is this a bug?

Reply #238
One small bug:
- context menu shows up only after the second right click

I cannot reproduce .... sorry

Here's a weird one:

I have the Playlist Organizer in a tab along with the Album List viewer and Metadata.
When I go to the View -> Playlist Organizer menu item, it correctly selects and highlights the tab.
However, if I assign a keyboard shortcut to that very menu item (the shortcut appears in the menu), it opens up a separate Playlist Organizer window instead, with a completely different organisation of the playlists.

Is this a bug?

Which UI are you using? At the moment DUI should activate the window (both with menu entry/keyboard shortcut) while CUI launches a new window (which I may change later), but the behavior is consistent within one UI

Reply #239
Here's a weird one:

Is this a bug?

Which UI are you using? At the moment DUI should activate the window (both with menu entry/keyboard shortcut) while CUI launches a new window (which I may change later), but the behavior is consistent within one UI

I'm using DUI. With the menu it definitely activates the current tab, but with a keyboard shortcut it opens a new window.
I'm using Esplaylist, but I previously was using the default playlist viewer and it did the same.
Basically, I'd really like to be able to consistently select the existing Plorg tab with a keyboard shortcut.

Reply #240
I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce ... I have DUI as well and everything works fine here.

Edit: Do you have shift+something as the keyboard shortcut? shift will open a new window.

Reply #241
I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce ... I have DUI as well and everything works fine here.

Edit: Do you have shift+something as the keyboard shortcut? shift will open a new window.

Ah! Gosh. Yep I do!
Well, I did. Fixed now - thanks a lot!

Reply #243
Found out what's causing the context menu bug! It's foo_mouse_gesture.

Reply #244
Could you add an option to sort the playlists themselves in alphanumeric order, newest or w/e... and then a secondary option to carry this over into nests.

E.g.

I have 2 nests one called A and one called B.

Inside both A and B are tracks named D E and F.

First options sorts the nests A and B in order, second option sorts both A and B in order as well as D E and F or just D E and F.

Reply #245
A small request: can you make it so that the previously active playlist gets activated after deleting the current playlist, instead of activating the last added playlist? This is probably more intuitive for most users.

Reply #246
Feature Request: Would you add the option to auto collapse all other folder/tree when I expand a folder/tree?

This way when I have a lot of playlists (and I DO have a lot of playlists  ) I don't need to scroll through them to find the playlist I want (when folders are expanded) or manually close the folders that I don't want to access/see their contents at the moment.

Thanks for the great work! This is an awesome plugin!

Reply #247
Thanks for this useful component!

I have feature request : would it be possible to monitor playlists files (organized into real physical folders) the same way as the Media Library does for audio files?
With a folder structure looking like :
-> Albums
---> Artist1
---> Artist2
---> ...
-> Playlists
---> Compilations
-----> Playlist1
-----> Playlist2
---> Genres
-----> Rock playlist
-----> Blues playlist
-----> ...

For example I store my media library on an external HDD (with my playlists in a specific folder).
I can use foobar2000 on any workstation to manage and listen to my "portable" Media Library.
That way, I will keep my Media Library uptodate  everywhere with me but the playlists store on the HDD are not automatically updated inside foobar2000.

I should be possible to do this by just making a copy of foobar2000 user playlists folder (0000001.fpl, 000002.fpl, etc) but I would prefer a clean way to do this with an integrated component.
And I think foo_plorg seems to be the proper one to do that with some developments.
What do you think?

Reply #248
Not possible (or would require a huge amount of work).

Reply #249
Okay, I will try another way.
Maybe I can :
- create a portable version of foobar2000 on my HDD
- synchronize the Media Library to the external HDD
- synchronize the whole foobar2000 playlists directory (from my main computer) to the portable foobar2000 on the HDD
That way, I should keep both my media library and playlists uptodate on my HDD.
Sorry to disturb the topic...