Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000.org certificate expired? (Read 929 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000.org certificate expired?

Just received a warning when I tried navigating to foobar's official website...
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.foobar2000.org. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

Re: foobar2000.org certificate expired?

Reply #1
Seems to be working fine for me.

Windows 10, Edge, all patches applied.

Mike

Re: foobar2000.org certificate expired?

Reply #2
It was borked earlier but has been fixed. I checked the date on the certificate and it was expired today - now it runs until 4th December. Looks to be a condition of using free certificates from Let's Encrypt.

https://letsencrypt.org/2015/11/09/why-90-days.html