Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar 0.9 manual, comments appreciated (Read 46462 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar 0.9 manual, comments appreciated

Reply #26
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7561/config9zq.png

im running these versions. 

problems:

***panels themselves wont show.  a right click to the sidebar gives me no panel option like in 8.3.

***the columns UI perference option [layout].....shows only playlist view.

FYI  to get these versions I followed links from the manual site.  Nothing was just a random post of it.

BTW im running 9.1 if that wasnt already assumed.

Reply #27
for the album art. it seems to be an old version
check here for the latest
http://cherans.bol.ucla.edu/fooplugins.html

the sidebar has been removed, you must use the layout system as you said yourself on the previous post.

Try to right click somewhere (on a vertical or horizontal splitter, or the base of your layout system) and see if the album art panel is available from:
Insert panel->panels->album art
(like it is said here:
edited, see the first post )

If it works first for the album art, we will see for other panels next

Reply #28
thx........me being stupid kept right clicking the caption vertical splitter(in the actual player) as if it were a 8.3 function...

sry to bug ya......i mean i should be asking about codes and stuff rather than something newbish as that.......thx

Reply #29
I have completed the FAQ and the UI columns scripting tutorial is now finished. The manual won't change much now I think. (But I still have some minor things to do)

I do not have any feedback to get ideas or advice upon things to create or change..

Reply #30
Congratulations. In my opinion, this is the best manual for customising and understanding foobar. Thanks.

Perhaps, one topic could be added into the manual: Including stationary pictures into the foobar frame.
To my knowledge, there exist to ways manage this:

1. Using the album art panel (drawback: Only one picture possible, tiring to modificate all album arts)

2. Using custom pictures for buttons - buttons without further functions (multiple pictures possible but not very convenient)

Or do you know antother way?

Reply #31
I have read this trick in the foobar 0.9 appearance thread, I will detail Psyphre fcs and add it to my manual later (Im quite busy for the moment) I will detail things there about fake buttons to display pictures, But it will remain in the "Customize you foobar" section (which should appear soon also)

Thanks for the reply

Reply #32
ok. Thats fine.

Reply #33
hey i have one question

how can i change the background color of one columns only in the playlist view of columns UI
like the title column or the lenght column =)

thx

(sorry for a bad english =P)

Reply #34
hey i have one question

how can i change the background color of one columns only in the playlist view of columns UI

(sorry for a bad english =P)

Just activate "Use custom style spec" for this column and put e.g. "$set_style(back,$rgb(200,200,200),$rgb(150,150,150))" into the code field.

Reply #35
unart

thx man =)

Reply #37
more 2 questions =P

1)to chose the artist what i want to listen i use the foo_browser plugin
how can i make the name of artists go to the right of the browser colum???
(like when i chose the alignment: right to one colun (like the title colun for exemple))

2)how can i make the sort of show music be the albun wthout i clik in the album colun title???

(sorry for a bad english...maybe if you dont understand i try to ask again ^^)

thx one more time and bb =)

Reply #38
Second step: General use

Use File menu to add files or directories and manage your playlists.

You can lock your playlists in the Edit menu with Read only and change the playback order with the corresponding toolbar.

I don't see that at all !? I use 0.9.1 and im trying to copy (yes copy) a sheme right now and need all the info i can get (want to try to copy snowfalls sheme,i love that one).

(Don't take me wrong,i love the way his foobar is made,perfect for me.Huge Album Art and all the other features,also by copying i learn how to do it myself)

Reply #39
(like when i chose the alignment: right to one colun (like the title colun for exemple))

2)how can i make the sort of show music be the albun wthout i clik in the album colun title???

1) I'm not sure (I do not use this plugin), but I think you can't maybe you can ask on the corresponding topic:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=42849&hl=
2) I didn't understand anything please be more clear  But I think that you are looking for Preferences-> Genral -> sort incoming files by

I don't see that at all !? I use 0.9.1 and im trying to copy (yes copy) a sheme right now and need all the info i can get (want to try to copy snowfalls sheme,i love that one).
You don't see what?

(and it's not a shame to copy, I did the same  )

Reply #40

1) I'm not sure (I do not use this plugin), but I think you can't maybe you can ask on the corresponding topic:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=42849&hl=
2) I didn't understand anything please be more clear  But I think that you are looking for Preferences-> Genral -> sort incoming files by

You don't see what?

(and it's not a shame to copy, I did the same  )

Second step: General use

Use File menu to add files or directories and manage your playlists.

You can lock your playlists in the Edit menu with Read only and change the playback order with the corresponding toolbar.

(Don't take me wrong,i love the way his foobar is made,perfect for me.Huge Album Art and all the other features,also by copying i learn how to do it myself)

I highlighted it to show you what I mean.

Reply #41
Just wanted to say thanks, your manual made me finally "get it"...
my foobar looks the way I want it to.

Reply #44
@Erich w/ an h, corrected  kanak also gave me a lot of corrections

@pancho I will add that you need foo_utils to have  this option

Reply #45
I highlighted it to show you what I mean.
If you do not have the "Read-only" command in the Edit menu, you need to install foo_utils from my page.

I don't see it on your site,i only see you talking about it but not a download link:unsure:

@Erich w/ an h, corrected  kanak also gave me a lot of corrections

@pancho I will add that you need foo_utils to have  this option

Thanks

And if someone could point me to that i'd love that.

Reply #46
You have a FAQ 'How to make "The Beatles" become "Beatles, The" ?' in your great manual.

Another possible supplementation is the opposite case: How to make "Beatles, the" become "the Beatles"?

In my artist tags (and the directory names as well) I prefer "artistname, xyz", where xyz are different text stings (e.g. the german "der, die, das"). This makes is very easy to sort the songs appropriately. On the other hand in the playlists it should be displayed as "xyz artistname".

The following code can be used in this case:

Code: [Select]
$ifgreater($put(commaplace,$strstr(%artist%,', ')),0,
$right(%artist%,$sub($sub($len(%artist%),1),$get(commaplace))) $left(%artist%,$sub($get(commaplace),1)),
%artist%
)[

Here the text string is not required to be exactly 3 characters.

Maybe you want to implement it into your FAQ section

Reply #47
@unart I noted that script, I will implement it somewhere soon

I would like to know something about the navigation:

Do you prefer a rather complete navigation menu or a short one

for a complete navigation menu: (I prefer this solution personally)
pros: Easy to find a page in few clicks
cons: New users will be lost and won't know where to click first (and it could discourage new users)

for a short navigation menu:
pros: Only main pages will be available from the context menu
cons: could be boring to know where a specific page is. (having to go to the map page, read it and find the good link)

edit: Two small pages added:
Shortcuts:
http://eolindel.free.fr/foobar0.9/shortcuts.shtml
Contextual menu:
http://eolindel.free.fr/foobar0.9/context.shtml

Reply #48
autoplaylist "history" can also be sorted so that the newest files will be added at the top of the playlist:

Query:
Play_counter GREATER 0

Sort Format:
$sub(30000000000000,$substr(%last_played%,1,4)$substr(%last_played%,6,7)$substr(%last_played%,9,10)
$substr(%last_played%,12,13)$substr(%last_played%,15,16)$substr(%last_played%,18,19))

Moderation: Added linebreak in code to preserve forum layout.

Reply #49
@ladiko I will see your code, but are you sure that 30000000000000 isn't a bit "too much" in 8,24*10^10 years, you are likely to be dead.. Even Earth should be destroyed..

Moreover, it seems to be quite a strange script.. I'm not sure that files will added in the correct order..

I have added a quite important page about tags. A bit messy for the moment. I'm thinking on how to improve it.
Tags
http://eolindel.free.fr/foobar0.9/tags2.shtml

If anyone sees mistakes (it wouldn't be amazing..) or have any idea about how to improve it, I'm interested