Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1376587 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2600
no.

Reply #2602
a few more updates:

Code: [Select]
7.2013-10-11.02

"Musicbrainz". Added some new favicon images for
"Links" mode. This requires that you download the full
zip and extract the "marc2003" folder again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

The "Small Web Links" script also needs these new images.

7.2013-10-11.01

"Now playing" & "Thumbs". Bugfix. Images did not always update
properly after deleting a file using the right click
menu option on Windows XP.

full download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip
full changelog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h/changelog.txt

files changed/added:
marc2003\common7.js
marc2003\images\allmusic_small.png
marc2003\images\decoda_small.png
marc2003\images\facebook_small.png
marc2003\images\google_plus_small.png
marc2003\images\instagram_small.png
marc2003\images\myspace_small.png
marc2003\images\rateyourmusic_small.png
marc2003\images\secondhandsongs_small.png
marc2003\images\soundcloud_small.png
marc2003\images\tumblr_small.png
marc2003\images\wikidata_small.png

i also need to correct myself about a comment i made about musicbrainz picard the other day. i said it doesn't write "proper" multi value tags. i was wrong and it is behaving as expected. according to the id3v2 spec, only single values should be written to TXXX frames.

Reply #2603
i also need to correct myself about a comment i made about musicbrainz picard the other day. i said it doesn't write "proper" multi value tags. i was wrong and it is behaving as expected. according to the id3v2 spec, only single values should be written to TXXX frames.

It's confusing because foobar will happily write and read multiple values in TXXX frames, but many other taggers can't especially if they're using a compliant lib like id3lib. It's pretty frustrating because if you want to add your own non-standard tag, it's going to be a TXXX frame, and then you have issues.

Reply #2604
Extremehunter, i use your Spinning Disc Image Viewer, for WSH panel mod 1.4.2. http://pastebin.com/nfnwQWK8
It works well, but when scrolling playlists, it is struggling to spin. I use EL playlist.
Why is this happening?

Also when i add folder in Media Library.  System becomes unresponsible for a while, i can not start any other program, until foobar complete is adding.

Is there something wrong with my config?

Reply #2605
Hey Guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

First, thank you everyone for all the amazing scripts you post in this thread, it's chalk full of very cool additions.

At the moment I add a lot of different tag fields to my music: including record label and catalog number. I have my Foobar setup to show artist information that is pulled from Last.FM. I am wondering if it's possible to do the same for the record label? I'd love to see a picture, biography, and relevant URLs for the record label in a panel on my config. I'd even consider adding this to a tag field, but i'm unsure how to do it best.

Maybe pull from a folder where there is a set of images with the record label name? Also, there could be a text file with the record label name. That way, when a file is selected with Label X, this script would show Label X.jpg/png/gif and Label X.txt. Ideally I could control how the text is formatted with maybe html or something similar?

Any ideas?

Reply #2606
my simple text reader script can display the contents of a text file based on title formatting.

d:\labels\%label%.txt

obviously, it's only plain text. you can't style it apart from changing the font/colours in your main display preferences.

my thumbs script can display images from any custom folders you like. you have to specify the folder name though - and it would display all images inside that folder.

d:\labels\%label%

by default it downloads images from last.fm so you'd have to right click the panel image source>custom folder.

as with all my scripts, all these options are found on the right click menus.

Reply #2607
Last.fm has crappy logos. There might be good information about them, at least for the major labels, but the logos will typically look awful. Fortunately for you, I'm about to release my theme which uses record labels, about half of which I created myself and the rest were uploaded by other users of fanart.tv.

Download recordlabels.rar.

The images come in two sizes: 400x270 which is the majority, and 161x109 (which is 2.48x smaller than the larger ones). The smaller size ones generally suck, but they are hard to find good art to replace. My theme strips out " Music", " Records" and " Recordings" so that I don't have to keep two images when musicbrainz or other places decide to list a label as "Electra Records" in one place and "Electra" in another.

Here's the code I'm using to retrieve them from a specific folder where you've unrar'd them, but I'll leave it up to you how you want to display them:

pref["label_base"]  	= fb.ProfilePath+"images/recordlabel/";

function LoadLabelImage(publisherString) {
recordLabel = null;
d = new Date();
labelStr = fb.TitleFormat(publisherString).Eval().replace(']','').replace('[','').replace(':',"");
if (labelStr) {
/* First check for record label folder */
lastSrchYear = d.getFullYear();
fb.trace(lastSrchYear);
dir = pref["label_base"]; // also used below
if (utils.FileTest(dir+labelStr, "d") ||
utils.FileTest(dir + (labelStr = labelStr.replace(/ Records$/,"").replace(/ Recordings$/,"").replace(/ Music$/,"")),"d")) {
year = parseInt(fb.TitleFormat("%date%").Eval());
for (; year <= lastSrchYear; year++) {
yearFolder = dir + labelStr + "\\" + year;
if (utils.FileTest(yearFolder, "d")) {
fb.trace("Found folder for "+labelStr+" for year "+year+".");
dir += labelStr+"\\"+ year + "\\";
break;
}
}
if (year > lastSrchYear) {
dir += labelStr+"\\"; /* we didn't find a year folder so use the "default" logo in the root */
}
}
/* actually load the label from either the directory we found above, or the base record label folder */
labelStr = fb.TitleFormat(publisherString).Eval().replace(']','').replace('[','').replace(':',"");  // start over with the original string to be safe
label = dir+labelStr+".png";
if (utils.FileTest(label, "e"))
recordLabel = gdi.Image(label);
else {
labelStr = labelStr.replace(/ Records$/,"").replace(/ Recordings$/,"").replace(/ Music$/,"");
label = dir+labelStr+".png";
if (utils.FileTest(label, "e")) {
} else {
label = dir+labelStr+" Records.png";
if (utils.FileTest(label, "e"))
}
}
}
return recordLabel;
}

This assumes you unrar the file to "%appdata%/foobar2000/images/". publisherString would be a title formatted string something like: $meta(label,0), although in my theme I build up an array of strings to try, and then iterate through them looking for labels which allows me to display more than one label if needed. One of the cool features is that for labels that have changed their logo over time (like Epic) I have a sub folder with different years for when the logo changed. So an album with %date% of 1975 would pull from "Epic/1976/epic.png" to display the old sunburst logo while anything after 2010 would use the current Epic logo.

Reply #2608
Thanks marc2003 for all your works, and above all, your sharings !

My foobar config must have at least 7 scripts from you, and all awesome.

But, I have a little problem with thumbs script, yesterday it downloaded artist pics perfectly and today it's not working, it says, no fetching art... My tags are good and I tried on several artists, I don't know why I'm getting this...

Is this a well known bug with Last FM ? When I "Online Update", my console says : Thumbs: HTTP error: 0

I tried your thumbs script and thumbs2, not working. Weird no ?

Reply #2609
the rotten gits at last.fm have deprecated the service. it's no surprise as they did remove the documentation some time ago. now they've finally turned it off.

<lfm status="failed"><error code="27">
    The artist.getImages method has been deprecated.
</error></lfm>

i'll have to try and find another source.

as for your update error, that was introduced when my host (dropbox) messed around with their domain name and re-directions. you need to extract the marc2003 folder from the full zip here- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip - make sure the scripts in panels get updated as well. all future updates should work.

Reply #2610
Thanks for the explanations marc2003

Reply #2611
samples updated 

7.2013-10-18.01

"Now playing" & "Thumbs". Last.fm have removed their artist
images service so I've disabled the menu options.

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Services/forum/21604/_/2216689

obviously the script will continue to display any images you've already acquired or you can put it into custom folder mode via the right click menu.

existing users: right click>Update script.

Reply #2612
Hi marc2003, is it possible to add a search button next to the artist name like on your last.fm similar artists script on the Last FM Charts script ?

Reply #2613
^it's certainly possible. i'll think about it.

for anyone who is suffering withdrawal symptoms from not being able to download last.fm images for the last day or so, i've made a little replacement

if anyone wants to test it, save these 2 files in your marc2003 folder

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...temp/common7.js
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...mp/download.vbs << you might need to right click the saved file>properties>unblock.

if foobar is running, you'll need to restart.

Reply #2614
Marc, which version WSH you use, and where to download?

Reply #2617
Tested...
I am satisfied how it works. Well done Marc..
We would be lost without you.
I am more than happy
I Only must to modify script for my config. It would be good if you provide support for the WSH before 1.5.6 , (problem is only in ''AppendTo'' ,menu)
If you have time and if you want. Thanks a lot for this..

Reply #2619
It would be good if you provide support for the WSH before 1.5.6

no chance.   

FYI, the only differences between v1.5.4 and the v1.5.6 are:
- FIX: Fix a bug that preprocessor "tooltip" didn't work at all.
- ADD: Added GetColorScheme() method to IGdiBitmap interface.

so if these two features are not used, you can use v1.5.4 as well, it make sense when you know that v1.5.6 is not stable when using complex script that use timers and create a lot of objects (even if they are free from memory properly). The fix about tooltip brought by v1.5.5 & v1.5.6 has broken something in the handle of memory usage
TIPS: a way to fix this bug in v1.5.6 is to code a CollectGarbage() many times in the life of the script / memory usage done.

Reply #2620
my scripts only require 1.5.0 but IIRC from a previous post, mire777 is using that hacked 1.4. something for aero.

edit: i've never encountered memory problems in 1.5.6 and i don't use garbage collection in any of my scripts. i'll try 1.5.4 to see if usage is lower??? 

edit2: from the hints/tips...

11. Consider using Dispose() method instead of CollectGarbage() function.

i do use Dispose on images and menu items but that's it. i don't even know what else it can be used on??

Reply #2621
issue with v1.5.6 is only linked with timers use and refreshing on_paint, a kind of overflow may appear then and will make panels crash (not only the source one but other wsh panel mod that may use some graphics methods) and sometimes worth with a total lock/unresponse of foobar2000 itself.

it's extremely rare but it's happens if you do not take care. v1.5.4 is clear of this kind of issue.

it's just an information for those who may encounter a such issue, since T.P Wang is no more involved in this component.

New panel i'm working on: Album browser like itunes does, but better than the original in some ways (scroll, expands ...):

Reply #2622
my seekbars all user timers with an interval of 150 and they've been fine in 1.5.6 for me. i don't know how many other people use them but i've had no reports of any problems.

your new panel looks pretty cool. i assume it's getting colours from the album art? very clever. 

Reply #2623
happens with smaller interval size and heavy work on repaint. "Normal" scripts are not affected.

Yep, thanx, background color based on the cover color scheme, that's why i need v1.5.6

Reply #2624
samples updated:

7.2013-10-20.02

"Simple tag reader". Now displays a warning if foobar v1.3 is detected.
Because of internal changes made to the handling of extra long tags, this
script is unable to display them anymore. Depending on what happens with
foobar v1.3 final, I might remove the script entirely.

7.2013-10-20.01

"Now playing" & "Thumbs". Restore Last.fm image download
functionality. The only difference is that it's restricted to
a max limit of 5.

existing users: right click>Update script