Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stream system audio from soundcard to foobar (Read 10804 times) previous topic - next topic

Stream system audio from soundcard to foobar

I'm trying to stream all of my audio through foobar because I have a bunch of tweaks which make the sound better for me. Is there an easy way to do this? I have foo_record and have a stereo mix option in record settings which works (tried through audacity) so I'm just looking for a way to stream audio through foobar whenever I'm listening to songs on youtube. I have searched high and low but there isn't any solid information as far as I saw.

(before you say anything, I don't see much of a difference between youtube and other things because 1. it's just background music most of the time 2. once I start seeing differences I'm gonna be screwed with all of my low quality mp3's so I don't want that thank you very much [kinda like I'm a graphics whore in games and now I have a hard time playing subpar graphic games. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.])

Reply #1
I'm trying to stream all of my audio through foobar because I have a bunch of tweaks which make the sound better for me. Is there an easy way to do this? I have foo_record and have a stereo mix option in record settings which works (tried through audacity) so I'm just looking for a way to stream audio through foobar whenever I'm listening to songs on youtube. I have searched high and low but there isn't any solid information as far as I saw.

(before you say anything, I don't see much of a difference between youtube and other things because 1. it's just background music most of the time 2. once I start seeing differences I'm gonna be screwed with all of my low quality mp3's so I don't want that thank you very much [kinda like I'm a graphics whore in games and now I have a hard time playing subpar graphic games. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.])

If you use windows: http://dangerousprototypes.com/2013/05/04/...le-alternative/
Install this, and set ''VB-audio virtual cable'' to be your default output and input devices. In foobar output select your output sound card..
In add location type: record://.
Click play.. All sound should go trough foobar..

This is what i was found when i wanted to integrate youtube into foobar. Problem is sound, and this is solution. For now, none is interested for this plugin.
I wish there was more interest for this...

Reply #2
It works but there is a few second delay between the sound and the video. I suppose I should have seen that coming but I can't watch any videos with people talking on them as it's just plain weird. Thanks anyway, now I at least know how to stream through foobar if I'm having a music marathon or listening to the radio.

Reply #3
It works but there is a few second delay between the sound and the video. I suppose I should have seen that coming but I can't watch any videos with people talking on them as it's just plain weird. Thanks anyway, now I at least know how to stream through foobar if I'm having a music marathon or listening to the radio.

you can use asio to set latency delay, don't now how because i never use it, but this will solve your problem..

Reply #4
Old thread...

Just FYI, there's software called ReClock (from SlySoft) which might be helpful in some synchronization cases ...

Re: Stream system audio from soundcard to foobar

Reply #5
You can minimize the delay in foobar -> preferences -> playback -> output.
Just set the Buffer length to minimum and all Fading buffers to zero.

But: this might arise new other issues.

Reply #6
In add location type: record://.

Error: Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format): "record://"
Error: Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format): "linein://"

None of these work in Foobar. What works?

Reply #7
Opening record device requires foo_record component. If you are using foobar2000 v1.4 beta use this version. And with older foobar use this.

Reply #8
Opening record device requires foo_record component. If you are using foobar2000 v1.4 beta use this version. And with older foobar use this.

Thank you!  Now it makes sense. Works!  :))

I tried https://github.com/protyposis/LocalAudioBroadcast/ but I experienced audio quality issues. foo_out_upnp was the only software that I could get to stream sound without degraded quality.