Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is LAME capable of calamitous MP3 quality ? (Read 40859 times) previous topic - next topic

Is LAME capable of calamitous MP3 quality ?

Reply #75
No! No! No! You are no working hard enough, everyone knowz that 1337 users go read the source, to syphon l337 hidden skilz dev command lines knowbody ever knows about, because rule 1 for l337 encoding is, more options more 1337! Some options stealed from "parse.c" are:

("resample") ("vbr-old") ("vbr-new") ("vbr-mtrh") ("cbr") ("r3mix") ("tune") ("abr") ("bitwidth") ("signed") ("unsigned") ("little-endian") ("big-endian") ("mp1input") ("mp2input") ("mp3input") ("ogginput") ("ogg") ("phone") ("voice") ("radio") ("tape") ("cd") ("studio") ("noshort") ("short") ("allshort") ("decode") ("decode-mp3delay") ("noath") ("nores") ("strictly-enforce-ISO") ("athonly") ("athlower") ("athtype") ("athaa-type") ("athaa-loudapprox") ("athaa-sensitivity") ("scale") ("noasm") ("scale-l") ("scale-r") ("freeformat") ("athshort") ("nohist") ("priority") ("tt") ("ta") ("tl") ("ty") ("tc") ("tn") ("tg") ("add-id3v2") ("id3v1-only") ("id3v2-only") ("space-id3v1") ("pad-id3v2") ("genre-list") ("lowpass") ("lowpass-width") ("highpass") ("highpass-width") ("cwlimit") ("comp") ("no-preset-tune") ("notemp") ("interch") ("substep") ("temporal-masking") ("nspsytune") ("nssafejoint") ("nsmsfix") ("ns-bass") ("ns-alto") ("ns-treble") ("ns-sfb21") ("nspsytune2") ("quiet", "silent") ("brief") ("verbose") ("version", "license") ("help", "usage") ("longhelp") ("?") ("preset", "alt-preset") ("disptime") ("nogapout") ("nogap")

Then you pay attention to ones with l337 comments like:
Code: [Select]
                /**
                *  please, do *not* DOCUMENT this one
                *  it is a developers only switch (rh)
                */

(for "tune", bwahahaha) Im l337

And then:

Code: [Select]
//  switch for developing, no DOCU

(For "athaa-type" and friends)

So what you say? can't you play with all these? You not 1337 enough? 
She is waiting in the air

Reply #76
Woah.. i'm almost afraid to touch those options .. 1337 indeed

Reply #77
htey s33m ot sux0r f0r t3h purp0se th0ugh., yuo kwno!!!!!11

i don't feel like playing with them
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #78
Let's mix up all those settings, let's see what happens 

Reply #79
Would you figure --noath or --athonly would be best (i mean worst)?

Or am I just imagining the existence of one?

Reply #80
Would you figure --noath or --athonly would be best (i mean worst)?

well, in fact the last commandline on the shitty page i made (see above) does use --athlower 100 (lower ath by 100db.. more or less equivalent to --noath, but it looks more 1337 + sophisticated )
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.