Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 4.40 released (Read 73655 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #50
... I will do a compromise and use s0.2 ...

Tonight, with fresh ears, I tried to abx HF noise critical tracks like George Winston's 'Carol Of the Bells' encoded with hb350x5s.0.2, and I'm sorry to say I can abx it. The increase in noise is subtle, but it's there.

I listened again to the improvements on Atem-lied s0.2 brings, and must say s0.2 against s0 isn't a big improvement, not like s0.5.
Tracks with spots like in Atem-lied are certainly less frequent than that of Carol of the Bells.
So I return to good old s0.
And will not touch it, just look forward like shadowking for VBR and/or smart noise shaping which we might get some day.
Anyway wavPack is great today and I especially like new h mode for my iRiver. Wonderful work, David.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #51
I've just added WavPack support in Omni Encoder. Nice configuration GUI, and whatnot.

Check it out!

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #52
I've just added WavPack support in Omni Encoder. Nice configuration GUI, and whatnot.

Check it out!

Thanks, that's very cool! My main system does not have .net, but I have access to a couple that do and I'll try to get a chance to check it out.

Unfortunately, I'm getting very behind in getting supported program links updated on wavpack.com, although I guess it's possible to consider that that's a good sign... 

WavPack 4.40 released

Reply #53
Unfortunately, I'm getting very behind in getting supported program links updated on wavpack.com, although I guess it's possible to consider that that's a good sign... 
The Wikipedia article now have a fairly extensive list....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts