Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set (Read 3030 times) previous topic - next topic

cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set

Hi, I'm unable to encode compilations with Cuetools 2.1.5 and 2.1.6.

I have a CUE file with the COMPILATION flag set, and can encode mp3 files for all of the tracks. Other meta data from the CUE file is created as tags in the mp3 files, but not the 'part of a compilation'.

I am new to using Cuetools, but not to cuefiles;  I have a number of images and cue files that i created with eac and have successfully encoded using LAME to create these files with the metadata including the compilation flag.

The input cue file has the following:

REM GENRE Christmas-Rock
REM DATE 1963
REM DISCID B4083E0D
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb3"
REM COMPILATION 1
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
TITLE "A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector"
etc

All of the mp3s are created with the year, genre and the Various Artists performer from the cue file, but the "Part of the Compilation" flag is not set.  I have also tried changing the REM COMPILATION 1 line to REM COMPILATION TRUE.

I must be missing something obvious. Please can anyone clue me in? Also how to post 'code snippets'
Thanks
dpr

Re: cant encode files with the 'part of a compilation' tag set

Reply #1
Cuetools does not understand "REM COMPILATION" from the cue file and "part of a compilation"

Reply #2
REM is short for remark and it's only for humans to read.   They are ignored by the software.

Reply #3
Cuetools does not understand "REM COMPILATION" from the cue file and "part of a compilation"

REM is short for remark and it's only for humans to read.  They are ignored by the software.

Thanks for the replies. It's true that REM is for comments. However,  the REM examples above are output from EAC. Yes they are non-standard.  There are also others for DISCNUMBER and the total number of discs and some other software (cueproc) used them. To me, It would be very helpful in CUETOOLS would use them...even if there are not strictly to the spec...

What I am trying to do is to have a file which specifies all the metadata so that I can use it to drive the encoding to multiple 'targets'. One is my phone  (lossy and small or no embedded artwork), my ipad, and files for my amp/ tv (big art, flac) that are stored in folder hierarchies for their target. I think I can use cuetools profiles for the different encoding.
(https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,107635.0.html), but I don't see how to record the other key metadata:

- Part of a Complilation
- GENRE

I really dont want to have to have fix / add compilation tags on each compilation CD and without this set, some players don't handle the CD/Album properly.... So, how can I specify the meta data to use? Does CUETOOLS do this or any other?

Thanks.