Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Issue with external optical drive: timeout on logical unit (Read 2938 times) previous topic - next topic

Issue with external optical drive: timeout on logical unit

I have an issue with my external optical drive (Verbatim Slimline). Gap detection seems to work but then it stops an throws the error: timeout on logical unit.

At the same time, ripping CDs with EAC with the same drive works fine though.

What could be the issue here? BTW: I'm using the latest version of 2.21 of CUERipper.

Re: Issue with external optical drive: timeout on logical unit

Reply #1
There seems to be more than one model called "Verbatim Slimline".
Is the unit connected currently via USB2 or USB3?

korth

Reply #2
The issue is the same for both USB2 as well as USB3.

Here more details about the drive: Slimtype DVD A DU8AESH 6P5M (this is what CUERipper shows).

Reply #4
Hi c72578

Ripping with this version works fine - thanks a lot!

Will this patch be applied in the next release 2.2.2?

Reply #5
Hi BrassDude,
thanks for testing.
A fix for the DU8AESH drive will be added.

Remark: The build CUETools_2.2.0_2022-02-06_git_9bf0cc0_Mode296_first.zip has got the same functionality as CUETools 2.2.1 and can be used in the meantime for the Slimtype - DVD A DU8AESH drive.

Reply #6
Hi BrassDude,

could you please test the build from here, which includes a fix for the Slimtype - DVD A DU8AESH drive:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/pull/170

The build is based on CUETools 2.2.1.

Reply #7
Hi c72578

Also this version works fine. Thanks again for the fix!

Reply #8
I'm setting up a new Win 11 PC and found I had exactly the same issue when using CueRipper 2.1.9 (same version as per my old Win 7 PC) with the new PC's SATA-connected internal slim drive - a Philips-Liteon PLDS DU-8A5LH.    I just tried the 2.2.0 test build mentioned in this thread and that also fixes the problem with this drive.

Is this fix now incorporated in the latest version - 2.2.1, or do I need to use the 2.2.1 test build, as per c72578's post of 2022-02-19?

Reply #10
Hi c72578

Yes, the CUETools_2.2.2_Mode296_first version of CueRipper also works OK with my Philips-Liteon slim drive.

As requested, I have taken a screenshot of the CueRipper screen, as per the attached CueRipper_snip.jpg  file.

Reply #11
Hi Twangster,
thanks for the reply and posting the screenshot with the details of the PLDS DU-8A5LH drive.
In the meantime, the code has been updated, so that the working C2ErrorMode.Mode296 is automatically used in case of a PLDS DU-8A5LH drive.
A build for testing is available from here:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/pull/214#issuecomment-1207330399

Feel free to test. Remark: You can leave the C2 error mode setting in the GUI of CUERipper at Auto with your drive.

Reply #12
Hi c72578,

Apologies for very delayed response but I hadn't looked at this thread for a couple of months so I've only just seen your August post.

However, I have now downloaded and tried that test build and, with the C2 error mode left set to Auto, it works fine with my Philips-Liteon PLDS DU-8A5LH drive.

Once again, sorry for the delayed feedback.

Reply #13
OK, thanks for checking.