Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does mp4 contain CRC values ? (Read 3410 times) previous topic - next topic

Does mp4 contain CRC values ?

i really hate not to have som kind of CRC32/MD5 cheksum check on my albums/movies and other stuff i collect.
but i cannot put a sfv file into the ipod, so i was wondering if there is a way to put a SINGLE crc32/md5 cheksum into the mp4 container and a easy way to verify it...
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #1
The MP4 stream already contains Error Detection Code (EDC)

And you can put CRC values using tags. Biggest problem is, once you the the file CRC tag, the CRC will change. (of course, because the file contents will change)

Best solution is to rely in MP4 EDC.

Reply #2
The MP4 stream already contains Error Detection Code (EDC)

And you can put CRC values using tags. Biggest problem is, once you the the file CRC tag, the CRC will change. (of course, because the file contents will change)

Best solution is to rely in MP4 EDC.

is there any tool to verify fiel intergrity by the EDC info ?

and are it as sure as a crc32bit valeus for the entire file.
i mean does the EDC info cover the entire file or only the REAL data (not headsers tags etc)

i jsut hate when i cannot control if a file is corruptet or not (maybe I'm paranoid :-)
Sven Bent - Denmark