Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 237975 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #75
One tiny feature request: When dropping files from one playlist to another it automatically selects the playlist which the files have been droped in to,
if possible could the selection stay with the source playlist?

That's implemented in the new version which also fixes a bug in the standard context menu activation.

It seems that everytime I close and start foobar, my playlists suddenly move from their respective folders to folder called "new" (not created by me). Have I missed some option about saving configuration or is this a bug?

To be exact, I have folders called "genre" and "rating", in addition to "default", but my playlists keep jumping around. Might this be because I have last.fm radio on one playlist, which (I think) creates itself from scratch when starting foobar?

I have the newest version of foo_plorg.

A "New" folder is created only if playlists are found that were not in the tree the last time you closed the panel. It should not happen if you keep the panel permanently (even with last.fm radio).

Reply #76
A "New" folder is created only if playlists are found that were not in the tree the last time you closed the panel. It should not happen if you keep the panel permanently (even with last.fm radio).

That's kind of strange, since I'm not doing anything to the layout or playlists, just closing and restarting foobar. I've had five playlists for long time, and they stay in the "default" category, but everything created since I installed foo_plorg move out of their folders everytime to "new" category. Could it be possible that component is unable to save configurations due to some protection in Win7 and so it finds them as "new" everytime?

Strange.

EDIT: Actually, I checked the appdata\...\foo_plorg.dll.cfg and there seems to be outdated data. Should this be updated everytime or where does this component save its configs?

EDIT2: Deleted the config file, now all playlists go to "default"-category. All changes with arranging or making folders disappear when restarting foobar. Changing title formatting from preferences seems to work fine, and is saved to config file but the folders ain't.

Reply #77
Do you have any message in the console?

Reply #78
Do you have any message in the console?

Actually, it seems so. When starting foobar there is this:

Playlist Organizer: Error (Playlist [0-] unfound or name does not match) reading configuration
Playlist Organizer: Unmatched number of playlists while reading configuration
Playlist Organizer: Unfound tree configuration, trying to retrieve from last known configuration
Playlist Organizer: Reinitializing Treeview

Reply #79
I see ... try to remove the panel from your configuration while foobar is still active (Layout editing mode if you are using CUI). Then close foobar , restart and re add  the panel and see if the problem persists. Watch for messages in the console at each step.

Please also check your administrative rights on your appdata\...\ folder and the date/time of foo_plorg.dll.cfg

Reply #80
I see ... try to remove the panel from your configuration while foobar is still active (Layout editing mode if you are using CUI). Then close foobar , restart and re add  the panel and see if the problem persists. Watch for messages in the console at each step.

Well, that worked... kind of. When removing playlist organizer from layout, it says in console "Playlist Organizer: Last instance destroyed, Memorizing configuration" and saves current config properly in appdata\...

When I put panel back to layout, there is almost the same messages than before (only last one missing):

"Playlist Organizer: Error (Playlist [0-] unfound or name does not match) reading configuration
Playlist Organizer: Unmatched number of playlists while reading configuration
Playlist Organizer: Unfound tree configuration, trying to retrieve from last known configuration"

However, this reverts organizer to state it was in before removing from layout, so I could do my folders and arrangements at that point and it works. Any additional modifications (without removing panel again) are lost, as before when closing and re-startin foobar.

Reply #81
Well I don't know ...
if you are using CUI, the config. changes of panels should be written in foo_ui_columns.dll.cfg, or theme.fth if you are using DUI.
Check for your permissions and the location of these two files, or try to do a clean install.

Reply #82
First of all, thanks a lot for this nice piece of work!

I have one bug and one suggestion:

Bug: When I delete a playlist and restore it again (excellent feature BTW), it isn't restored to its original folder and position, but at the end of all playlists and folders.

Suggestion: It would be nice if playlists could be shown in the tree without being active in Foobar. I have some very large playlists that I don't listen to very often, and they take up a lot of memory when they're active.
To clarify this, a web browser is a good analogy: I have a lot of bookmarks but only a few open tabs in my browser. If I want to view a page, I click the bookmark and the page opens in a new tab. In the Playlist Organizer every bookmark equals a tab and vice versa. Or am I missing something?

Reply #83
Bug: When I delete a playlist and restore it again (excellent feature BTW), it isn't restored to its original folder and position, but at the end of all playlists and folders.

Suggestion: It would be nice if playlists could be shown in the tree without being active in Foobar. I have some very large playlists that I don't listen to very often, and they take up a lot of memory when they're active.
To clarify this, a web browser is a good analogy: I have a lot of bookmarks but only a few open tabs in my browser. If I want to view a page, I click the bookmark and the page opens in a new tab. In the Playlist Organizer every bookmark equals a tab and vice versa. Or am I missing something?

Bug: The folder and position are lost when you delete the playlist, there is no simple way to remember it. So it is not really a bug, sorry.
Your suggestion does not make much sense as playlists need to be stored somewhere

Reply #84
Your suggestion does not make much sense as playlists need to be stored somewhere

Agreed, but they could be stored in a file so that they only consume RAM when they are activated? (Also, autoplaylists could be stored as only a query and sort pattern, which wouldn't take up a lot of space.) Maybe I expected another kind of program when I installed this plugin, but I think it's strange to create and organise many playlists but having them all active as tabs inside Foobar.

Does anyone else have thoughts about this?

Reply #85
if i'm interpreting you correctly, you're saying that all playlists listed in foo_plorg are also open in separate tabs.
if this is what you're experiencing, then it's because you're using a playlists tabs splitter.
replace the splitter with a straight playlist view and only the active playlist will be shown.

Reply #86
Sir, you have made my weekend! I was not aware of this option. Thank you!

Reply #87
I might be doing something wrong, but keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-P, Ctrl-F, etc.) don't seem to work when foo_plorg has focus: is this intended?

Alessandro

Reply #88
I might be doing something wrong, but keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-P, Ctrl-F, etc.) don't seem to work when foo_plorg has focus: is this intended?

Alessandro

Not really but shortcuts were deactivated during rename operations... I will have a look for the next version.

Reply #89
Hey there.

I believe my question might be a bit dumb , however I am fairly new to foobar, been a Winamp user before.
While looking for a more advanced playlist manager , I came upon this one and I must say I'm loving it. The only thing that's been bugging me is the actions that happen on d&d of a .m3u playlist.

Using .fpl , if I select multiple playlists from outside foobar and drop them into the playlist organizer , they get a new separate playlist inside the organizer , one for each file selected. That's how I like it.
Doing the same with a .m3u ( what my library consists of ) , all the d&d items get dumped in a single playlist called New Playlist. That's not what I want.

So generally my question would be this : Is there a way to alter the drag&drop actions taken , or is there a way to mass convert my .m3u to .fpl? OR is there a way to tell the organizer which playlists to put inside which folder "the hard way" i.e. if each folder&its respective playlists are ever listed anywhere - go there and manually add new playlists?

I'm using CUI.

Reply #90
I'm afraid there is a limitation of the SDK which only recognizes .fpl as valid playlists, as indicated here.
As you have guessed, m3u and other playlists formats are just processed as a bunch of files at the moment, and I am not aware of any possibility to circumvent it.

Reply #91
Thanks for this great component! This is exactly what I have been missing since I started using Foobar.

One request though:

Would it be possible to make it so that multiple playlists can be selected? Even if it would be just for moving purposes it would be quite handy, I think.

Reply #92
I get this message in console on foobar2000 startup:

[21:36:49] Columns UI/Tab stack: Warning: Playlist Organizer panel was visible on creation! This usually indicates a bug in this panel.

EDIT: Playlist Organizers Preferences broken in foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1?

Reply #93
... Playlist Organizers Preferences broken in foobar2000 v1.1 beta 1?

That is now fixed in the new version.
Please use the component updater with V1.1 (or redownload form first post) and confirm. Thanks.

Reply #94
Thanks for the fix, Captain Nemo!

I still get this message in Console:

[11:53:26] Columns UI/Tab stack: Warning: Playlist Organizer panel was visible on creation! This usually indicates a bug in this panel.

Does that mean anything serious?

EDIT: Typo

Reply #95
I still get this message in Console:
[11:53:26] Columns UI/Tab stack: Warning: Playlist Organizer panel was visible on creation! This usually indicates a bug in this panel.

Does that mean anything serious?

I don't think so ...

Reply #96
i love you

Reply #97
btw, is it part of your roadmap to display the categories (at least at level #0) as tabs?

Reply #99
I am happy to release a new component that let you organize your playlists in a treeview control.

With foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg), you will be able to create folders and hierarchies to arrange and categorize your playlists. All current functions are available by drag & drop or right click on items in the panel.
It can be downloaded here and is compatible with both DUI and CUI.
Please check this page for help and additional information.

why don't you add "the Background  transparent" function, it's better that we can write code , like the panel stack spillter,like cui ,and so on