Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exception: no opencl platforms found (Read 1591 times) previous topic - next topic

Exception: no opencl platforms found

I thought I would give the FLACCL encoder in CUETools 2.1.6 a try since I have a half-decent, semi-modern NVidia GeForce GT 730. When I do, though, I get this message:

Exception: no opencl platforms found

I checked the Windows 10 (1803) "Driver File Details" for my GT 730, and it lists ...\OpenCL.dll and ...\OpenCL64.dll drivers.
They are both version 2.0.4.0 from Khronos Group.

Any suggestions?
Dan

Re: Exception: no opencl platforms found

Reply #1
At least Windows 10 upgrades reinstall graphics drivers in a way that OpenCL isn't recognized. Easiest fix is to download the latest drivers from https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and install them.

Re: Exception: no opencl platforms found

Reply #2
Case,

Thank you. Manual driver install got it. It is even actually faster. FLACCL encodes faster at level 8 than the cuetools encoder at level 6 :)). I don't know how many times I have gone to the trouble to get something like this to work, and it ends up not making a difference :o.

For the WAV file I chose for comparing, cuetools took ~15 seconds, and FLACCL took ~12 seconds. That is ~23% faster 8) (or, ~20% less time).
Dan