Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatically organise files & folders depending o (Read 18437 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatically organise files & folders depending o

Reply #25
Wow! Thank you so much db78  After a bit of fiddling around with the masstag it's now doing exactly what I want it to (massive thanks to you and also kanak!) which is great since that's the number one feature I was after really.

I don't mind how it looks now, of course I'd much rather make it look decent, but now I've got it automatically renaming files/folders etc that's the main target accomplished

Going to try burning/ripping CDs sometime too, hopefully there won't be any problems, but for how often I do it I doubt there will be.

Thanks again!

Edit: Managed to get the brilliant foo blue and black working, since all of the files were present and in the correct folders it made for a nice copy and paste job, hehe. Not exactly what I'm after, but looks great anyway so I'm really happy with it! Just two hopefully quick questions (nggh, sorry!) 1. Is there anyway to quickly find, download and apply album art? I've never been interested in it before, but it looks lovely in this theme and I want it ;p 2. Is there anwyay to put the browser at the top by any chance? Even if the columns are only small/narrow it'd still be great.

Edit2: Double wow! It's playing my songs at the moment, quite a few albums in the library and it's using 3.8mb of memory, lol! foobar <3

Edit3: So happy with this, thank you so much for your help guys, especially db78, really appreciate it!

Reply #26
Edit: Managed to get the brilliant foo blue and black working, since all of the files were present and in the correct folders it made for a nice copy and paste job, hehe. Not exactly what I'm after, but looks great anyway so I'm really happy with it! Just two hopefully quick questions (nggh, sorry!) 1. Is there anyway to quickly find, download and apply album art? I've never been interested in it before, but it looks lovely in this theme and I want it ;p 2. Is there anwyay to put the browser at the top by any chance? Even if the columns are only small/narrow it'd still be great.

Edit2: Double wow! It's playing my songs at the moment, quite a few albums in the library and it's using 3.8mb of memory, lol! foobar <3

Edit3: So happy with this, thank you so much for your help guys, especially db78, really appreciate it!

LOL I knew you'd come around!  Anyways I see that you went with dawxxx's blue and black configuration. I really liked his also, but like you I wanted the browser panels on the top. Most of his configurations would be too small to allow three browser panels placed on top without messing up the look. The first picture I showed you was my modified version of dawxxx's blue and black. If you would like my modified version with the panels on top, take a look at this thread, modified browser panel.

Here's a .rar file of the components/images/.pui file you'll need to have the same features/looks as my modified version. My modified dawxxx666 Besure to add any components in my components folder into yours. Put the .pui file in your PanelsUI folder, and the images folder inside your foobar2000 installation folder. Just a quick note, I don't know if you're using the latest version of PanelsUI component, but I'm using 0.9.2 with my configuration because it's having problems with the ratings being displayed. The version you need is included in the .rar file I gave you, and be sure not to upgrade to a newer one if you want to use my modified black &  blue.

1. The itunes like browser is there, with genre/artist/album.
2. There is a component called playlist dropdown in conjunction with another component called autoplaylist. Playlist dropdown just allows you to have a dropdown menu of the different playlists you have. Autoplaylist allows you to create playlists based on different criterias, such as recently added, all songs with rap genre, top 10 played, etc.
3. The album art and track info follows whatever is playing right now. The rating stars & the other buttons follow whatever song is highlighted.
4. There is a lyrics panel, which probably won't find all the lyrics you want, but it does in some cases, which is useful.
5. The buttons below the rating stars maybe a bit confusing at first, if you hover your mouse over it, a tooltip should come up telling you what each button does.
6. There's a component called dotnet_title.dll. You can delete that, I forgot to delete that earlier.
7. There's a component included called foo_run. It allows you to run external programs within foobar, which is used to grab album art. Thread with program to download album art After you've installed the Album Art Downloader, the music button right below the rating stars should open up Album Art Downloader for you. When you save an image, it'll save to the folder the song you highlighted is in, as folder.jpg.

Reply #27
That's fantastic, thank you so much!

I've just installed your theme, looks pretty cool (one thing though; the browser style seems to be a default white colour, not sure why). I think I prefer the more minimilist approach of the original, but that's just me being a fussy git who doesn't like anything even remotely complicated, hehe. Out of interest how did you even get the browser at the top? I couldn't get it working at all originally!

Have to format my C: drive now anyway, going to have a good think about which theme to use, like I said I think from a visual point of view I slightly prefer the original, but the fact yours has a browser and some useful buttons makes me a little unsure  Might just try and get the browser working with the original and put up with the scrollbars, not sure

Reply #28
That's fantastic, thank you so much!

I've just installed your theme, looks pretty cool (one thing though; the browser style seems to be a default white colour, not sure why). I think I prefer the more minimilist approach of the original, but that's just me being a fussy git who doesn't like anything even remotely complicated, hehe. Out of interest how did you even get the browser at the top? I couldn't get it working at all originally!

Have to format my C: drive now anyway, going to have a good think about which theme to use, like I said I think from a visual point of view I slightly prefer the original, but the fact yours has a browser and some useful buttons makes me a little unsure  Might just try and get the browser working with the original and put up with the scrollbars, not sure

1. You can change the color of the browser by going to preferences, media library, and brower. Under the appearance section, you can change the color of the text & background color.
2. What scroll bars are you talking about? The veritcal scrollbars from browser? If that's the case then no matter what, you're going to have sthose crollbars, simply because there's no way to make foobar long enough. If you're talking about the horizontal scroll bars, then go back to the browser preferences, and uncheck "hide horizontal scrollbars." If you still have those horizontal scrollbars, widen your foobar window, which should get rid of them.
3. In order to get browser at the top, you have to change the code of the layout, which is something that's a bit complicated. If you want, you can study the code later on. But for now, it's pretty difficult to insert the browsers at the top because it requires coding with Panels UI. If you were to use Columns UI, it'd be easier but Columns UI doesn't give you the same fuction or customization as Panels.
4. What part of my modified version do you find unnecessary? It can be easily taken out, just tell me and I can take it out for you. I'm not trying to force you to take my version or anything, it's just that the browser interface you're looking for just isn't very practical, if possible, with the original configurations.

Reply #29
Jeez, since I did a format I've got in a right state here, tried re-importing the library and it won't pick up the track titles any more :D

Thanks again for the reply, I'm not really sure what I'd prefer, I'll admit I do like the icons very much on yours and think a few of them would be very useful, but ultimately I'm swayed towards the minimilist look of the original, but if I could find a way to put the browser at the top (I'm using Panels UI btw, you said that'll complicate things, but is it still possible?) - cool that you can remove the horizontal scroll bars too!

Reply #30
Sorry to bump this, but I'd love to get it sorted

Reply #31
Jeez, since I did a format I've got in a right state here, tried re-importing the library and it won't pick up the track titles any more

Thanks again for the reply, I'm not really sure what I'd prefer, I'll admit I do like the icons very much on yours and think a few of them would be very useful, but ultimately I'm swayed towards the minimilist look of the original, but if I could find a way to put the browser at the top (I'm using Panels UI btw, you said that'll complicate things, but is it still possible?) - cool that you can remove the horizontal scroll bars too!

What do you mean it won't pick up the track titles anymore?

Anyways it's possible to add the browser on top, but like I said it involves coding. Go back to my modified version real quick, and then go to preferences, Panels UI, and then edit layout. Right around the middle, there's a code that looks like this

Code: [Select]
// PerTrack
$panel(Info,Track Display,$sub(%_width%,239),6,233,330,)
$panel(Seekbar,Seekbar,$sub(%_width%,232),338,222,13,)
$panel(Lyrics,Lyric Show,$sub(%_width%,233),430,225,$sub(%_height%,440),)
$panel(Playlists Dropdown,Playlists Dropdown,$sub(%_width%,232),400,222,22,)
$panel(Infoo,Track Display,$sub(%_width%,205),355,115,20,)
$panel(Playlist,Single Column Playlist,10,200,$sub(%_width%,250),$sub(%_height%,200),)
[b]$panel(Browser Genre,Browser Panel,1,3,150,198,)
$panel(Browser Artist,Browser Panel,150,3,236,198,)
$panel(Browser Album,Browser Panel,385,3,$sub(%_width%,625),198,)[/b]

That's the code to insert a panel, specifically the browser panel on top. As you can see, there's three different ones, with the dawxxx's layout, it's a bit hard to fit three of them in, without stretching out the window size. But if you really wanted to do it, you would have to put a similar code in the same place you found that code, but in his layout.

$panel() = you put a panel somehwere on the layout
Browser Album = name you want to give the panel, you can name it whatever you want
Browser Panel = *must always use that name in order for the browser panel to display*

The first two numbers after Browser Panel defines the position of the panel(x,y), the last two numbers define the dimension of the panels(length,width).

You're going to have to modifty the position and dimensions yourself to fit the windows, I can't give you specific numbers because I don't know the dimensions of your foobar. Play around with the numbers until you get it working.

Reply #32
Once again a big thank you for all your help, hope I don't seem rude with such a delayed response but I'm having absolutely massive troubles with my PC at home, think I'm going to have to start afresh with my foobar install unless I can somehow recover it from the drive, but with all of the information that you've given me I'm sure it won't take too long to get it back to a nice usable state  Cheers

Reply #33
Right, err, I've had a quick go and as per usual I've failed in a rather spectacular fashion  Your code was brilliant though thanks, and I grabbed the bit for the browser, made the ammedments and you suggested and...

It's kinda getting there, my main issues are:

1) The colour of the browser
2) The fact it seems to sit over the top of the playlist
3) The horizontal scrollbar
4) The fact I don't have any song titles showing up D:

Sorry again for being pain.

Reply #34
Right, err, I've had a quick go and as per usual I've failed in a rather spectacular fashion  Your code was brilliant though thanks, and I grabbed the bit for the browser, made the ammedments and you suggested and...

It's kinda getting there, my main issues are:

1) The colour of the browser
2) The fact it seems to sit over the top of the playlist
3) The horizontal scrollbar
4) The fact I don't have any song titles showing up D:

Sorry again for being pain.

Lol it's cool, k let's see.

1. Color of browser can be adjusted at the preference and then browser menu. Under appearance, you can adjust the text color, background color, and highlight color.
2.  The reason why it sits over the top of the playlist is that your code is telling it to basically, create a panel right over the playlist. You need to adjust the settings for the single column playlist. Could you paste for me the entire code of where you inserted the code for the browsers.
3. The horizontal scrollbars can only be fixed by widening the window size of foobar.
4. Again paste me the code, and I'll see

Reply #35
Massive thanks once again, made some more decent progress! Here's the code though, it still doesn't fit nicely at the top of the screen, and it doesn't resize when I widen foobar meaning it always has the horizontal scrollbar on the album list

//PerTrack
[code...]

// Browser
[b]$panel(Browser Genre,Browser Panel,1,3,100,150,)
$panel(Browser Artist,Browser Panel,100,3,160,150,)
$panel(Browser Album,Browser Panel,260,3,145,150,)[/b]

//Playback Order
[code...]

Hope that makes sense ^ Basically I placed that browser code in between the PerTrack and Playback Order sections.

Oh by the way, what code do you need to see the track titles? fwiw the default.pui shows the track titles just fine, it's just none of the 'Black and Blue' (or whatever it's called, sorry) ones seem to work.

Reply #36
Massive thanks once again, made some more decent progress! Here's the code though, it still doesn't fit nicely at the top of the screen, and it doesn't resize when I widen foobar meaning it always has the horizontal scrollbar on the album list

//PerTrack
[code...]

// Browser
[b]$panel(Browser Genre,Browser Panel,1,3,100,150,)
$panel(Browser Artist,Browser Panel,100,3,160,150,)
$panel(Browser Album,Browser Panel,260,3,145,150,)[/b]

//Playback Order
[code...]

Hope that makes sense ^ Basically I placed that browser code in between the PerTrack and Playback Order sections.

Oh by the way, what code do you need to see the track titles? fwiw the default.pui shows the track titles just fine, it's just none of the 'Black and Blue' (or whatever it's called, sorry) ones seem to work.

1. Right now you're browser panel's sizes/position are static, meaning they're not going to change. What you need to do is use the $sub(,) fucntion. For example, look at this code
$panel(Browser Album,Browser Panel,385,3,[b]$sub(%_width%,625)[/b],198,)

It's basically telling foobar to subtract the width of the foobar window by 625, and the new number will be the width of the panel. That means it'll adjust to the window size of the foobar. Make sure you use the $sub(,) function for the width of the panel. I know it's a little confusing, but experiment with $sub(,) to understand it. Sorry if it's unclear, I couldn't find any better way to explain it.

2. You're row sizes are too small. To fix it, go to where you can edit the layout. On the top right, There's a little box with a bunch of listings. Scroll down until you find the one that says "Playlist [Single Column Playlist]" Highlight it, and click on the settings/edit button. A new window should show up that lets you adjust the layout. There should be a little box that says "row height." Increase it to 13, if you still can't see your titles, keep on increasing the value until you can. Tell me if that fixes it. Actually, the place where you adjust the row height, paste me the code also.

Reply #37
Ah that second one worked a treat thanks, for some reason the font is a lot bigger than it should be, but at least now I can see the titles

No luck at all with the browser, changed all of the values after %width% to ~310 but it still didn't completely fill the width of the screen and was really buggy, like if I clicked anything it'd go all distorted and over one another

Reply #38
Ah that second one worked a treat thanks, for some reason the font is a lot bigger than it should be, but at least now I can see the titles

No luck at all with the browser, changed all of the values after %width% to ~310 but it still didn't completely fill the width of the screen and was really buggy, like if I clicked anything it'd go all distorted and over one another

It's buggy because that panel is overlapping other panels. Why don't you send me your .pui file, and i'll see if i can change it.

Reply #39
blitzeH, don't give up, it takes weeks of gradually assimilating information and getting inspired by other people to make something decent.

Here is my crappy first config:

Here is the latest:

hi

Reply #40
Looking good tool++! :-)

db78 if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it that'd be fantastic, what file(s) do you need?

Reply #41
Looking good tool++! :-)

db78 if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it that'd be fantastic, what file(s) do you need?

Under your PanelsUI folder, can you give me the one that you're currently using? Just copy and paste whichever layout you're using onto your desktop and upload it to sendspace or something.

Reply #43
Here you go; http://rifers.org/paste/show/4695

Hmmm I don't need it in a text format. Okay if you go to preferences and then Panels UI. Under layout, you see the name of the layout that you're currently using. Go to your PanelsUI folder, and copy and paste that layout. I want the file itself, in .pui format.

Reply #45
Try it now

Modified

Reply #46
Many thanks for the upload, unfortunately though when I try and load the pui file it crashes foobar completely, not sure why, tried downloading the file a few times too just incase it wasn't downloading correctly

Reply #47
Many thanks for the upload, unfortunately though when I try and load the pui file it crashes foobar completely, not sure why, tried downloading the file a few times too just incase it wasn't downloading correctly

Ahh it's probably because I updated to the newest version of panels component. Try updating yours. For some reason the new version of panels component has problems with displaying the ratings. You're supposed to move your images folder into your PanelsUI folder after you switch to the newer version of the component. Instead of just moving your images folder, copy and paste it into your PanelsUI. It seems to work out okay that way

Reply #48
Thanks again, the only place I can find the latest foo_ui_panels.zip is http://users.bowie-cass.com/singa/foo_ui_panels.zip though and that's down :/ Even tried Googling it, but every hit was that one ^