Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible for someone to write REWIRE output (Read 3991 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible for someone to write REWIRE output

Is it possible for someone to write a REWIRE output plugin for Foobar?  That would be so great. 

Reply #1
Forgive the question, but what for? foobar2000 is a media player, not a sequencer. Wouldn't it be much simpler to record foobar's output (with diskwriter) to WAV and use that file in your audio program?
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

Reply #2
Is it possible for someone to write a REWIRE output plugin for Foobar?  That would be so great. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292913"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In theory yes, it's possible.

However, on top of what Mono said, you need to be a registered developer to acquire the necessary SDK from Propellerhead. And only companies even qualify for registration - no private people.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #3
Ah I c.  Well, I need it so I can play my synths/etc while listening to music in my current setup.  My soundcard, RME Hammerfall 9636, doesn't have software routing so that was only way for me to achieve that.  I guess I will just have to upgrade to HDSP9652 or something. 

Thanks for answering.

Reply #4
Ah I c.  Well, I need it so I can play my synths/etc while listening to music in my current setup.  My soundcard, RME Hammerfall 9636, doesn't have software routing so that was only way for me to achieve that.  I guess I will just have to upgrade to HDSP9652 or something. 

Thanks for answering.

This can be achieved by using http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=101066

set output of sequencer and output of foobar to ASIO client

and route the output of the multiclient to your output using asio4all.

I have this working but I am getting dropouts in sequencer when changing tracks in foobar.

It works never the less.

J.

Reply #5
That's a nearly 8 years old thread. I take it to mean that some spammer has brought it up in today's actives ...

Reply #6
That's a nearly 8 years old thread. I take it to mean that some spammer has brought it up in today's actives ...

I am finding this forum a little like walking into a pub and all the darts stopping in mid air.

If somebody wants to run the two apps together then that's how.

May be good for someone, who know's hey.