Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DVD (AC3/DTS) 2 FLAC, How to? (Read 4883 times) previous topic - next topic

DVD (AC3/DTS) 2 FLAC, How to?

Hello all!

I've been searching but i cant found how can i rip a DVD, AC3/DTS audio to FLAC! Can someone please tell me how to or where can i find such information?

I have a DVD with a live concert and i wanted to put the audio in my Creative Zen and CD-Audio, by this method:

For Zen Micro
Code: [Select]
DVD->FLAC->MP3

For CD-Audio
Code: [Select]
DVD->FLAC->CD-Audio

I first convert to FLAC because the sound is great, bigger files but best sound and stays in the PC Desktop. MP3 to play in the Zen Micro in the car!

What do you experts think?

Sorry about the english,

Reply #1
Just some hint for you : dts/ac3 are lossy formats. flac a lossless format. So,  transcode a lossy to a lossless format is pretty useless here. Why not pass trough your dts/Ac3 stream to mp3 directly.

With foobar by example it's easy I think...

Reply #2
Hello again!

How do i do that with Foobar2000? I have de DVD-Video concert and i want to extract only the audio into mp3.

Please i need some help... 

Thanks in advance!

Reply #4
the ripping part:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dvddec.htm

encoding to mp3 and tagging can be done with foobar as allready said.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #5
DGIndex?

Not sure how good it is at doing it (if apps can be worse than others) but it is free.

Free as in after two.

http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Decoders/dgmpgdec145.zip

Edit: ahh, smok3's suggestion is better.  DVDDecrypter is at Rarewares.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #6
the ripping part:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dvddec.htm

encoding to mp3 and tagging can be done with foobar as allready said.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348913"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What's the output then please? VOB? ISO? Or audio files?
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #7
DARcode, depends on how you set it up, (but you can get ac3/dts/pcm files directly):
Here's the menu you'll get when clicking on Stream Processing. Uncheck the streams you don't want in the output. If you want to save the 2nd audio stream (0x81) to a separate file click on 0x81, then check Demux to new file rather than the default Include in VOB.

p.s. always look for pcm stream if there is one, since some music DVDs are offering those - thats basically uncompressed 2ch audio - i mean, if you want to transcode that to lossy.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #8
DARcode, depends on how you set it up, (but you can get ac3/dts/pcm files directly):
Here's the menu you'll get when clicking on Stream Processing. Uncheck the streams you don't want in the output. If you want to save the 2nd audio stream (0x81) to a separate file click on 0x81, then check Demux to new file rather than the default Include in VOB.

p.s. always look for pcm stream if there is one, since some music DVDs are offering those - thats basically uncompressed 2ch audio - i mean, if you want to transcode that to lossy.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348919"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a bunch, didn't know I could do that with DVD Decrypter (and that means for free  ), gonna start fiddlig with it soon, have a bunch of live DVD's I'd luv to MP3 for my Zen Nano Plus.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100