Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WANTED: A Search Across Playliists Showing Source Playlist For Each Result (Read 2149 times) previous topic - next topic

WANTED: A Search Across Playliists Showing Source Playlist For Each Result

Unless I'm mistaken, there still isn't a Foobar search function (3rd party or otherwise) that will search across all loaded playlists AND include the name of the source playlist for each found result.  If anybody knows of a way to do this, please let me know! 

Jerry

Re: WANTED: A Search Across Playliists Showing Source Playlist For Each Result

Reply #1
foo_dbsearch can do this, it shows playlist name and number in status bar by default, you can do it on per track basis using %playlist_name%, /%playlist_number% in the  title formatting of the component settings.
(I'm a bit late, just saw the date)

Reply #2
foo_dbsearch can do this, it shows playlist name and number in status bar by default, you can do it on per track basis using %playlist_name%, /%playlist_number% in the  title formatting of the component settings.
Wow, how did I miss this!  Just tried it.  How do you go to a found track in the result list - ie. go to where it is in the respective playlist?  I don't see menu-item for that nor a way to configure the default action for that.  And when playing the track, double-clicking on the status bar doesn't take me to the playlist location either.

Reply #3
Yes, these don't work indeed.