Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track Number in ID (WMA files) is +1 of the real track number (Read 6694 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Number in ID (WMA files) is +1 of the real track number

Hi,

if I watch the properties of a WMA file the track number is everytime 1 higher then real. Winamp show the correct and other ID-Tagger even too.

I hope you find this bug and can eleminate this one.

With best regards

Michi

Reply #1
I noticed that when converting from wma to mp3 the track number of the mp3 was one higher than it should be in the resulting id3v1 and id3v2 tags of the mp3s and reported it to this forum previously.  Hopefully the next release will correct this "feature" as well as they are most likely related.

Reply #2
I noticed that when converting from wma to mp3 the track number of the mp3 was one higher than it should be in the resulting id3v1 and id3v2 tags of the mp3s and reported it to this forum previously.  Hopefully the next release will correct this "feature" as well as they are most likely related.

Yes, my library has now this 'error' in all converted files :-( . I notice this too late.

With best regards

Michael

Reply #3

Yes, my library has now this 'error' in all converted files :-( . I notice this too late.

With best regards

Michael

Can't you just use masstagger to correct the problem?

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Format Value from other field->
Destination Field: Title
Code: $sub(%tracknumber%,1)

I mean if it's adding 1 to all the tracknumber, why not just subtract 1 from all of them?

Reply #4
Can't you just use masstagger to correct the problem?

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Format Value from other field->
Destination Field: Title
Code: $sub(%tracknumber%,1)

I mean if it's adding 1 to all the tracknumber, why not just subtract 1 from all of them?

First of all ... many thanks :-) This helps me very much.

But I hope that this extra step ist unnecessary in the next version of this great software :-)

Have a nice weekend

Michael

Reply #5
I just wanted to add that this problem still exists in the latest beta version. A fix would be highly appreciated... 

Reply #6
First of all thanks for the small Masstag Script.
Works well as a workaround.

But I want to add that this "+1 Tagnumber" feature at least still is available in 0.9.4.5.

Reply #7
But I want to add that this "+1 Tagnumber" feature at least still is available in 0.9.4.5.
It's not in 0.9.5.

On a sidenote: The WMA tagging format is really funny when it comes to tracknumbers. The specification actually contains two attributes for storing tracknumbers. The first, WM/Track, only exists for backward compatibility and is -- now the fun part -- zero-based! The second, WM/TrackNumber, is surely the way to go as it is the current recommended tracknumber attribute for WMA tags without any insane constraints.

Reply #8
Maybe I did something wrong, but I just tried 0.9.5 beta8 and it still contains the +1 "feature".

Reply #9
Maybe I did something wrong, but I just tried 0.9.5 beta8 and it still contains the +1 "feature".
I can't reproduce it with freshly tagged WMA files in 0.9.5 beta 8. Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it?

Reply #10
I just drag a wma onto my playlist and it adds with actual tracknumber+1 to the playlist.

For example dragging 01 - One Vision (Extended Version).wma
(wtih tracknumber reported to be 1 in windows file details)
onto my clean default playlist
leads to a Display of Track No 02 in foobar 0.9.5 beta8.
Right click -> Properties in foobar also displays
Track Number | 2

I just uninstalled foobar (and all it's options) and reinstalled it to be sure I did not change any settings in foobar 0.9.5.beta8 just to be sure I don't report anything I can't reproduce

Reply #11
Can you send me this file for analyzing the issue?