Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC (Read 5256 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC

i just tryed to rip cd into mp3 when i click MP3 Save Window pops with wav.
Is it a bug?

EAC

Reply #1
Oleg, please make sure you post in the appropriate forum.  Today I've had to move two of your posts (the encspot one to the general mp3 forum, and this one to the cd hardware/software forum).

Make sure that when you post about a topic that there is not a more specific forum to use than the HA General forum.  This forum should only be used as a last resort as far as classification is concerned.

EAC

Reply #2
Oleg, please make sure you post in the appropriate forum.  Today I've had to move two of your posts (the encspot one to the general mp3 forum, and this one to the cd hardware/software forum).

Make sure that when you post about a topic that there is not a more specific forum to use than the HA General forum.  This forum should only be used as a last resort as far as classification is concerned.

I am sorry i am new here!

EAC

Reply #3
?

So you're angry because I politely pointed out that you should use a little more care when starting topics?  This is basic netiquette we're talking about here...

EAC

Reply #4
i just tryed to rip cd into mp3 when i click MP3 Save Window pops with wav.

You do have 'Compressions Options' (EAC/Compression Options...) set up for MP3, don't you?

If you do you should get: 'Save as type: External Compressor (*.mp3)'

EAC

Reply #5
No, it's not a bug.
What settings are you using for mp3 compression? If you did set them up (EAC does not come pre-configured for MP3 compression), my guess is that you are not using an external compressor for encoding, but a DLL and you're adjusting your settings in the "Waveform" tab in the Compression options menu. If it is so, you have to tick the box that says "Do not write WAV header to file" and write ".mp3" in the box that un-greys. Or you can just rename the file to .mp3. 

EAC

Reply #6
?

So you're angry because I politely pointed out that you should use a little more care when starting topics?  This is basic netiquette we're talking about here...

Overall discussion about Hydrogen Audio including any general information about audio, audio encoding, or audio utilities.

EAC

Reply #7
OK i download LAME put it into programs command like but when i try to rip it's still make wav file!!!

EAC

Reply #8
?

Overall discussion about Hydrogen Audio including any general information about audio, audio encoding, or audio utilities.

Yes, overall or general, which means non-specific, or that which is not covered in other areas.

If you had read the rules, you might have noticed this:

# 6. You must stay on topic when posting a new thread, or posting to a pre-existing thread.
# Submission of a thread that is not related to any of the topics covered by the HydrogenAudio forums and sub- forums, or posts which are not related to the thread that they are submitted to, is against the rules.

Perhaps this should be reworded for people that have a hard time understanding the concept of posting the right topic to the right forum, but the idea is certainly there.

Finally, if you would have read the forum descriptions, you might have noticed this:

Discussion about CD-ROM/-r/-rw/DVD-hardware, copying, burning and ripping of CD-media, etc. How to use ripping software like EAC and CDex.

And as for your off-topic MP3 post, I'm not sure how you managed to miss 2 entire forums with MP3 in their name.

EAC

Reply #9
How do i use your forum?

EAC

Reply #11
Just in case there are any russian-speaking users reading this thread...
there is a translation of SatCP's tutorial here: http://eac.by.ru/

Looks ok to me. more or less up-to-date.
(except the r3mix site is refered too often, but otherwise ok... )

EAC

Reply #12
OMG, Dibrom, you must have incredible patience.

Dude, check out the forum rules! Dibrom has been kind enough to point you in the right direction but you have been acting like you've never been to a forum before. (if this is true, all the more reason to learn the basics here at HA)

Please don't be difficult and try to actually follow directions from Dibrom and the other administrators. If you do not, well, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

As for EAC, please go to its homepage and access its own forum rather than try here. As Dibrom said, this should be a last resort if your question is too specific and/or too difficult to answer. Your question is very basic and should be researched here first in the "how to" section as common sense dictates.

http://exactaudiocopy.de/

EAC

Reply #13
I just do not know what goes where even if i read rulez

EAC

Reply #14
I just do not know what goes where even if i read rulez

Ignorance is your virtue.
You say virgin like it's a bad thing.

EAC

Reply #15
OMG did you read anything we have said?

Go to http://exactaudiocopy.de/ and start reading about how to use the software before you use it.

As for the HA forum, read the rules, how to's, etc before you do anything.

[...]Anybody at any forum won't even look at you twice if you don't even make the effort to learn things yourself before asking. [...]

http://www.chrismyden.com/nuke/modules.php...E&file=painless

EAC

Reply #16
I think a nicer way of putting it instead of instantly jumping down someone's throat, and possibly, even eventually scaring someone away would be:
Please read the forum discription's under the forum title's.

Edit: Fixed typos.

EAC

Reply #17
I think a nicer way of putting it instead of instantly jumping down someone's throat, and possibly, even eventually scaring someone away would be:
Please read the forum discription's under the forum title's.

Edit: Fixed typos.

Umm.. I'm not sure what you read, but I wasn't "jumping down someone's throat" with my original response.  If you go back and read it, you should find it to be quite non-confrontational and unaggressive.  I think your proposed statement is far too vague not proactive enough.  I did however become a little bit agitated with Oleg's dismissive and belligerent responses to my simple request, but I surely did not initiate the discussion in this manner.  Perhaps he didn't mean to come across this way, but if this is truly the case, then he should have better articulated his stance.

If people can't deal with simple suggestions like these without taking them personally, then they shouldn't be participating in a live discussion forum.

To be honest though, I shouldn't even have to be pointing out the obvious, such as the need to read the forum rules or forum descriptions.  One would imagine these points to be self-evident to anyone capable of operating a computer and navigating the internet.

EAC

Reply #18
Let's go on with Oleg question.

Rectangle gave a screen capture with the compression settings. Oleg, are your settings set like this ? Which ones are the same and which ones are different ?

EAC

Reply #19
Umm.. I'm not sure what you read, but I wasn't "jumping down someone's throat" with my original response.

My comments were not about what you had wrote. It was however about the other on going comments. Some of which seemed a little too smug (it could be how I interpretted them though) from other users that were more-or-less trying to play the role of being an Admin, or Moderator when in fact what you had wrote was enough, appropriate, and should have been left at that.

I'm not going to drag this on any further, hence it's off-topic, therefore I'll stop here.