Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextor 716a EAC Audio Caching (Read 2045 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextor 716a EAC Audio Caching

Hello everybody.

This is my first post here and I would like to say hallo first of all.

I would say Im an advanced user in audio ripping and I'm using EAC for ripping my audio cd's for many years.
I started years ago, then I stopped because I bought lot of things online.

Now I would like to rip some Cd's. I'm owning an Plextor 716a which is a good drive I think. First problem was that my new mainboard does not have IDE connectors any more.

So I bought this adapter.

http://www.digitus.info/mx/produkte/zubeho...#33;prettyPhoto[set]/0/

But now the next problem is that when I start Plextools I cannot select DMA, its greyed out?
CD speed is ok, but not in Nero burning ROM.

Next point, which is important.

I did the EAC drive test and EAC says that the drive has no audio cache, but I'm shure that it has because I used EAC before.
Does this has to do with that adapter?

According to the hydrogen EAC faq I should activate audio cache when Im not shure?

What should I do? Activate or disable it in the options?

THX in advance

Walter