Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar v1.2.x doesn't restart to play after long "Pause" (Read 1242 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar v1.2.x doesn't restart to play after long "Pause"

Hello Folks,

I have to report that, surely from Version 1.2.1 and still present in Ver 1.2.3 Beta2, my Foobar2000 doesn't restart to play after a long "Pause" (about 1 hour or more).

I am running it on a Windows 7 32bit OS with 4 GB RAM, all the MS SP/patches installed, and having ASIO as my standard output.
The ASIO driver I am using is the last version provided by MOTU (my DAC is the MOTU 896 mk3 hybrid).

The problem is easy to replicate, at least on my system: start to play something, pause it for at least 1 hour, then un-pause it: foobar should starve in tempt to restart the play.

To have foobar working again I have to close it and restart.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #1
Moved from 3rd Party Plugins. Have you tested whether pausing other applications using the same output method also causes freezing?

Reply #2
Hello db1989, sorry for having posted in the wrong thread, I was believing to be under the Suppport...

Regarding your question, I didn't tested other application because I am using only foobar.
Thanks to your suggestion, I will instal a demo version of JRiver and I will test it soon.

Regards, Andrea

Reply #3
Thanks, as that may help determine whether the problem is in fb2k itself or in the drivers.