Skip to main content

Topic: Secret Rabbit Code resampler (Read 431 times) previous topic - next topic

• Case
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Secret Rabbit Code resampler
I was asked to make Secret Rabbit Code resampler component for foobar2000 now that its license isn't restrictive GPL anymore.

Its quality has also been improved since the earlier days.

First version of the component is ready and can be downloaded from http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_src_resampler.

• lvqcl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Re: Secret Rabbit Code resampler
Reply #1
I wonder why this component is so slow even in fastest sinc mode.
Maybe you changed config.h so that HAVE_LRINT and HAVE_LRINTF are defined? These functions are awfully slow in MSVC, it's better to use inline asm.

• Case
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Reply #2
Thanks for looking after me. Indeed I had disabled those when debugging a problem and forgot to enable them. Faster versions uploaded.

• Case
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Reply #3
Rollin's post about resampling ruining gaplessness has been bothering me ever since reading it. I implemented the extrapolation used in Vorbis and Opus to SRC resampler v1.0.2 and it appears to perform quite well. At least those sample files from the linked post can be resampled without glitches.

Edit: added two comparison screenshots of the transition position. One is resampled with SoX using hiqhest quality and the other one is SRC with extrapolation.
  • Last Edit: 17 January, 2018, 02:55:38 PM by Case