Skip to main content

Topic: DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages (Read 403 times) previous topic - next topic

• J.Sims
  • [*]
DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages
Hello.  Thanks for reading.  Having issues using the DSD Transcoder component with my Oppo HA-2 which supports DSD up to 12 MHz (DSD256).  I guess the component is faulty because it keeps giving me this ridiculous feedback:

Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 192000 Hz not supported by this device. 

When I fiddle with the DSD processor it then switches to saying the HA2 doesn't support 384000 Hz etc.  I have no problem playing the 'unsupported' files using the DSD Asio driver for the HA2.   So obviously I normally use that but this evening I gave the DSD Transcoder plugin another go after using Foobar for a couple hours and didn't even notice that it was now playing whatever I threw at it without a problem until I closed and reopened Foobar and tried to play the same files it was just playing only to get these frustrating messages again.  It doesn't seem to be something I can control with any DSD or other settings.  I hadn't changed any settings when it decided to no longer allow me to play the files.   I just closed Foobar and reopened it. 

If you know something I can do to control the issue I would appreciate your feedback, but I suspect it's something for the developers to work on.

• J.Sims
  • [*]
Re: DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages
Reply #1
 :))  Haha...I laugh at the younger, arrogant me from twenty minutes ago!  Sorry developers!  Almost every time I post a problem like this in a forum I end up thinking of something to fiddle with and resolving the issue myself.  Within minutes of posting the DSD Transcoder issue I fixed it.  I came back here to delete the topic but actually in case anyone else has this issue and can't find the answers I guess I should leave it.

So what I did was go back into the Custom Channel Mapping settings for the DSD Transcoder component and into the driver configuration options.  I actually focused this time (well done me) and did some semi-intelligent fiddling, basically assigning the 'DoP' option to all the DoP sample rates and the 'DSD' option to all the DSD sample rates.  Before then I did have it set to the 'DSD' option for the DSD sample rates appropriate for my device but ignored the rest.  Hopefully I won't have to deal with those error messages from now on and it's not just being fluky again.  I did try closing and reopening Foobar to check and it did still worked.  This seem to have also resolved another issue for which I had developed a silly workaround; I can now control the HA-2's volume normally when using the DSD Transcoder and the 'Line Out' port on the DAC (for speakers with their own power supply).   This "fix" has also meant I can finally apply DSP emulation on DSD.

Well at least my little rant got me to register myself on here about which I was procrastinating today.  :))
  • Last Edit: 05 November, 2017, 08:51:44 PM by J.Sims

• J.Sims
  • [*]
Re: DSD Transcoder for Native DSD error messages
Reply #2
Update:  All good but with DSD128 I am finding I have to close and reopen a couple times or more until the playback data display and DSPs are properly initiated.