Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Live updating when tagging a song curretly playing (Read 1912 times) previous topic - next topic

Live updating when tagging a song curretly playing

I don't know if I changed something in foobar, or added/removed a component, but now
when I edit the tag of a track currently playing, ie change %rating%, it updates immediately.  I can tell because I have columns for rating and the rating changes instantly.  Before it would only change after the song was completed.  Does anyone know what I could have done to make this happen. 

It is actually a very nice surprise 

(another example is the playcount will increase on the fly, as opposed to when the track finishes playing)
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

Reply #1
I'd say you unchecked "Real-time bitrate display for VBR files" under "Preferences|Playback|Input|Standard inputs -> VBR bitrate display".

Reply #2
I'd say you unchecked "Real-time bitrate display for VBR files" under "Preferences|Playback|Input|Standard inputs -> VBR bitrate display".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293073"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you're right.  I did do that recently.  Thanks a lot.
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB