Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Connecting iPod to Music System (Read 3630 times) previous topic - next topic

Connecting iPod to Music System

Hi,

I like to listen to audiobooks as I drift off to sleep but my collection of mp3 audiobooks is far larger, now, than that on cd/tape. I load them onto my iPod for portable use but I was wondering what advice people could give to connecting my iPod to my Denon mini hi-fi. It has an AUX RCA input, but if I connect my iPod to that then, unsurprisingly, the volume is very low. There's also a Mic input on the front which I'm guessing is designed for a lower powered input but I feel uncomfortable connecting my iPod via that jack. I'm assuming the ideal solution would be some sort of preamp for the iPod output but I would rather avoid anything too costly. What could people advise?

Thanks.

Reply #1
I recommend this.

Reply #2
Or if you don't fancy sending off to the States for it, I recommend THIS.

Cheers, Slipstreem. 

Reply #3
Thanks I shall give the gizmo a go! Looks like it should do the job though, and cheaply too which is always nice  .

Reply #4
I don't know if the output will be any louder through those devices than it is through the headphone jack. I'd just turn the iPod up to max and amplify it the rest of the way with your receiver. It can't be that quiet, and if you don't hear any hiss from turning it up, it isn't a problem.

Reply #5
I don't know if the output will be any louder through those devices than it is through the headphone jack. I'd just turn the iPod up to max and amplify it the rest of the way with your receiver. It can't be that quiet, and if you don't hear any hiss from turning it up, it isn't a problem.

Depending on the model iPod, max is +6db.
It would help to know what model the OP is talking about.
Creature of habit.