Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some Playcounter mods (Read 123067 times) previous topic - next topic

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #150
ok its me again
after all this time i have still not been able to solve this problem.  i had given up but now i start to find it really annoying. its the LAST remaining problem in my foobar specs. it will be flawless if i solve this.

here are screenshots of my current components and settings;

so i still get double counted and im not sure if its really because i have both components (the official playcount statistics + the playback custom).

since i have statistics recorded on 21,000 songs, im very very hesitant to delete the official playcount component (like ive been suggested in the last replies) because the last time i tried that it erased all my statistics and also i believe it caused my statistics to stop being recorded at all although im not quite sure of that.  so for me to delete it again i would need the absolute confirmation that the playback custom component is meant to be used without the official component.  Can any of you guys confirm this?

also, i use the playback custom component so that a song gets deemed "played" after the playback reaches 10 seconds. this is crucial and its very optimal for me.  so can anyone tell me how i need to adjust the appropriate settings such that i correctly get counted once, and that this "10 seconds" customization stays.  also, i would strongly prefer to stay with the "only tags" option for the database.

i tried to read the manual but im a bit lost with the "first played" "last played" and "play stamp" settings

plz help!  if i can solve that my foobar will be perfect!  (this is a ridiculously helpful component already)

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #151
ok , nevermind, i made a bunch of trial and errors and i solved the problem.  the only component i need is playback statistics custom.

THANKS! great component...amazing.. keep up the good work kitahei.

Japan Rules!

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #152
Ok, well I am having a strange problem that I just cannot figure out.  I am using this component along with foobar 1.01 and the newest version of columns UI.

I having what I think is a very easy scripting problem that worked fine in previous versions, but is not working now. I am using this component to store only in file tags with a columns playlist (not NG) using separate columns for %last_played% and %play_counter% with following display scripts: 1) $if(%last_played%,%last_played%,N/A); and 2) $if(%play_counter%,%play_counter%,0). The appropriate data is displayed in each column when the respective tags are present. However, I get the "?" when the tags are not present and not the desired "N/A"" for the %last_played% column and the desired "0" for the %play_counter% column when the tags are not present.

The weird thing is that this script is working fine for my other columns, such as the column for displaying the %rating% tag which contains a number of 1 to 5. For my %rating% column, I use the script: $if(%rating%,%rating%,N/A). With this script, I get a number in my %rating% column displayed  if the tag is present, and a N/A if it is not. I recently had my laptop stolen and have had to re-setup my foobar. It has been a while since I have had to fiddle with foobar so I am a bit rusty and could really use some help here. Thanks so much.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #153
Ok, well I am having a strange problem that I just cannot figure out.  I am using this component along with foobar 1.01 and the newest version of columns UI.

I having what I think is a very easy scripting problem that worked fine in previous versions, but is not working now. I am using this component to store only in file tags with a columns playlist (not NG) using separate columns for %last_played% and %play_counter% with following display scripts: 1) $if(%last_played%,%last_played%,N/A); and 2) $if(%play_counter%,%play_counter%,0). The appropriate data is displayed in each column when the respective tags are present. However, I get the "?" when the tags are not present and not the desired "N/A"" for the %last_played% column and the desired "0" for the %play_counter% column when the tags are not present.

The weird thing is that this script is working fine for my other columns, such as the column for displaying the %rating% tag which contains a number of 1 to 5. For my %rating% column, I use the script: $if(%rating%,%rating%,N/A). With this script, I get a number in my %rating% column displayed  if the tag is present, and a N/A if it is not. I recently had my laptop stolen and have had to re-setup my foobar. It has been a while since I have had to fiddle with foobar so I am a bit rusty and could really use some help here. Thanks so much.

Well, figured out the problem, I guess.  Rebooted the computer and scripts work.  Something must have messed up my system's ram.  Very strange.  Brand new computer with little use.  Anyway, glad it resolved itself b/c I was racking my brain trying to figure what could be wrong with my coding

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #154
Does anyone have this component working in 1.0.3? I want to switch to the new version because it seems to perform a lot better, but I won't switch if I can't use this component.

Thanks.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #155
Works fine for me.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #156
Works fine for me.

I see my mistake now, my test upgrade to 1.0.3 was on an old install of fb2k which was not using the latest version of this component. I switched to the new version and it works again. Thanks.

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #157
ok , nevermind, i made a bunch of trial and errors and i solved the problem.  the only component i need is playback statistics custom.

THANKS! great component...amazing.. keep up the good work kitahei.

Japan Rules!

how did you solve the problem?

to me the problem is that it seems as if there were some stats in file tags, and some in the offical playback data base, and also with 40,000 mp3s it seems there no way to check whether i overwrite my stats when i use "write to file tags" or "import from file tags"...

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #158
First of all, I love this component.

My question: is there any way to get foo_playback_custom to use the foo_customdb DB, not the foo_custominfo DB?

I'm using v1.1 of fb2k.

thanks in advance

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #159
hello, i'd like that any tag written to my song file wouldn't alter the file last modified timestamp ?

is this possible at all ?

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #160
This wonderful component used to work amazingly in windows XP but i recently updated to Windows 7 and for some reason it stopped working  (couldnt update tags, access denied!)...it actually works for about half the songs. on the songs in which it doesnt work, it wont let me change tags at all!  (im forced to disable the component)  please Help Kitahei!!    we need foo_playback_custom v1.5.2  !

i implore your help  viva Japan

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #161
My goodness, i didnt change anything but today everything is working fine!!!  i couldnt sleep last night...thank god....im telling , i CANT LIVE WITHOUT this component.

Kitahei for life...

i'll let you know if i incur problems again...but i hope not...lol  foobar2000 is life. 

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #162
I only use a single star rating system so having the five stars is four too many for me.  What I am looking for is a way to have a column that contains a single star if the song is one of my "favorites" and nothing if it is not.  And here's the deal-breaker:  I need to be able to update the column's contents for that song via a KB shortcut.  IOW, when I hear a song I like, I need to be able to hit my shortcut and have the "favorite" column for that song populate with a single star (or whatever--character doesn't matter).

Oh and I also need the column to import/use existing star ratings from either the %rating% tag or from the foo_playcount dbase.

That shouldn't be too hard now should it? 

Some Playcounter mods

Reply #163
Nevermind, I figured it out.  If any one else needs to know what I did, feel free to ask.  I'd post it here but it was fairly intensive and I'd rather not hash it all out if no one is interested.

Re: Some Playcounter mods

Reply #164
Last reply was 6 years ago so I'm not sure anyone will help but - <FIRST PLAYED> will get rewritten sometimes for tracks that already have it. So a track with a real <FIRST PLAYED> date (2015-06-04) could get rewritten with today's date if I listen to it today. I have no idea what causes this and would love some insight.