Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: "Rated Shuffle" - ID3 Rating tag (Read 1907 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: "Rated Shuffle" - ID3 Rating tag

The so-called "Rated Shuffle" playstyle order, is meant to be the main thing of this plugin.
Everyone has favorite songs, and songs they like more than others.
And with a "Rated Shuffle" is meant to be the higher rating a song has a higher chance of getting played.
But let's say I have a lot of 10 stars rated songs and have some 3 rated songs.
I would not like to only play my 10 rated songs all the time,
Variation is nice, but still, have my favorite songs played more often than others would be nice.

The thing I'm requestioning is the following
* A local rating system that is saved in ID3 tag.
* A rating system from 0-10
* The higher rating the more likely the song is to get played in "Rated Shuffle"

Saved in ID3 tag so the rating is moved from one computer to another when I move playlist to another computer.
And don't want any global rating system because others favorite songs should not affect my playlist.

Why 0-10 rating? o = unrated, and I prefer 0-10 over 0-5 because gives a higher accuracy with more options.

Let's say a song with rating 5 is the default and has 1 "vote/chance" of getting picked to getting played.
And a song with rating 10 would have 2 "vote/chance" of getting played at.
So that would mean a song with 10 rating would get played twice as often as a song with 5 rating, in average.

"Songs not to get played."
Some songs you might not even want to be played while in this playmode "Rated Shuffle". And therefor a 0 rated number would be applied to that song. but you still want them in the playlist, and not want to make several playlist.

Default value?
Since 0 value is meant to be used for songs you do not want to get played while in this mode. So Im guessing new songs that have not been rated have to be treated as 5 star songs, or something along that line.

Scale from -10 to +10
If you added a negative value to the scale then you could give twice as much value for this requested playback.
What I mean is that one could start sorting songs by a scale, and less say you rate depressing songs that you still like at for example -10. And all songs with a negative value are not getting played while you are using the "+Rated Shuffle". But if you another day are feeling down, and you want to listen to some depressing songs that day. then you simply change playlist order to "-RatedShuffle" And then the playlist would only play songs with a negative value, and the higher negative value the higher chance that songs get played.
"+Rated Shuffle" = Only play songs with a positive rating. The higher value the more likely to get played.
"-Rated Shuffle" = Only play songs with a negative rating. The higher value the more likely to get played.
"=Rated Shuffle" = Play all songs with rating (not 0). The higher value the more likely to get played.

Instead of "Happy Songs" / "Depressing Songs" as + or - rating, one could use for many other things like the following.
Let's say you instead add all "Metal Songs" as+ and all "rap songs" as - rated songs.
You could of course add letters instead of + and -, lets say H5, M5, C5, P5, R5. And so on...
"Heavy 5" A Heavy Metal song rated 5
"Metal 5" A Metal song rated 5
"Classic 5" A Classic song rated 5
"Pop 5" A Pop song rated 5
"Rap 5" A Rap song rated 5

Personally, I do not know any kind of programming to make any plugin, so this is a request, if there is some kind should out there who got time and the skill to make this plugin a reality.