Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 223750 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #275
You need to click on the JScript panel in the layout, assuming that Darkone 3.1 Mod has it added, and NOT on "components > JScript panel". If JScript panel has not been added to the layout you need to replace the defunct Biography View Panel in the layout with a JScript panel. I did it for DarkOne v4, which can be used after importing JScript Biography 0.8.5.2.

Reply #276
Goodmorning,

Can you tell me how to replace the defunct Biography View Panel in the DarkOne 3.1 layout with a JScript panel. You say: I did it for DarkOne v4, which can be used after importing JScript Biography 0.8.5.2.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply #277
You will have to work out how to do that as I am not familiar with DarkOne v3.1 Mod. But in general, these are panel stack splitter based layouts...
- Go to foobar2000 preferences\columns ui\main. Under FCL importing & exporting, export your current layout so you have a back-up.
- Ensure you have installed JScript panel.
- Go to foobar2000 preferences\columns ui\layout, locate foo_uie_biography panel, add a JScript panel to the same parent panel stack splitter. Right-click the JScript panel and move it up until its directly above foo_uie_biography.
- Select the parent panel stack splitter and choose configure. It's most important that the next steps are carefully followed.
- In the PanelList, select the JScript panel. Ensure the caption name and all settings for JScript panel are identical to those used by foo_uie_biography. Pay particular attention to the force layout setting. Press OK to close the window.
- Right-click foo_uie_biography and remove it from the panel stack splitter.
- Click OK to load the columns ui layout. Hopefully it will look OK. But if the layout appears garbled it's likely to be because:
    1) The panel stack splitter settings are wrong. Sometimes panel stack splitter settings don't initially stick, or you may have entered them incorrectly. Go back to the parent panel stack splitter and ensure all settings are correct, especially the JScript panel position, it's caption name & forced layout setting. You may need to export the FCL file & re-import the back-up to compare.
    2) You didn't modify things correctly. Again you may need to export the FCL file & re-import the back-up to compare.
It's then a simple matter of importing the JScript Biography script into the new JScript panel.

Reply #278
I use
JScript Panel v2.0.0-Beta3 by marc2003
Based on WSH Panel Mod by T.P. Wang

Build: 12:19:16, Jan  5 2018
Columns UI SDK Version: 6.5

I installed all day in various ways, does not work in any way (in WSH Panel Mod old - too)

JScript Panel v2.0.0-Beta3 (biography v0.8.5.2 by WilB)
Microsoft JScript execution error:
The object does not support this property or method
File: <main>
Line: 71, Col: 38
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #279
A number of breaking changes were made in JScript 2.0.0, that's still in beta, so that most scripts require editing to work with it. I am not sure that it's recommended for general users to use the beta yet (?). I have upgraded my scripts so that they work with JScript panel v2.0.0, and I will release the updated versions once the new version of JScript is ready for proper release or its confirmed somewhere that the beta is suitable for general users. For the time being I suspect its best to stick with JScript panel v1.3.2.2 and scripts that are compatible with that version, which will avoid experiencing problems of the type you have encountered.

Regarding the beta there is still the following warning in place, although I've been using it for a while without issue.
JScript Panel v2 (beta): There are plenty of breaking changes so only people who know how to edit their own scripts should even consider this. Testing on a portable install would be a good idea!!

Reply #281
Wilb,
After the release of the JScript plugin version 2.0.1 I've updated the script text in accordance with the recommendations of Mark2k3.
The script works fine when I turn off theme in the layout. But if I choose light or dark themes all the images are shifted in the upper left corner of the window.
What should I do to fix this?

Reply #282
There will be an updated version shortly.

Reply #283
There will be an updated version shortly.
Dear WilB,
I'm looking forward to the new version.
could you in a new version of Biography script make switch of text languages ?

Best Regards.

Reply #285
^^^ Note that JScript Biography 0.8.5.2 and earlier versions won't work with JScript panel v2+.

Reply #286
@Nighthawk_NL. Thanks for the pm. I have now modified the theme for you.

DARKONE 3.1 modified to work with JScript Biography.

All original credit to tedgo.

To use:
1) You HAVE TO install tedgo's DarkOne v3.1 according to tedgo's instructions here.. This is required so that all the necessary stuff is in place. From tedgo instructions: ensure you BACKUP YOUR EXISTING COMPONENTS, CONFIGURATION FILES AND THEMES BEFORE EXECUTING THE SELF-EXTRACTING ARCHIVE!

2) Ensure JScript panel 2.01+ is installed.

2) Import the below fcl file: foobar2000 preferences > columns ui > main tab.

For anyone interested in DarkOne v4, I previously modified it to work with JScript Biography. That can be used with JScript panel v2.0.1+ after importing JScript Biography 0.9. Since this is upgrading from a rather old version of JScript Biography, clear panel properties to get a fresh clean set (right click > panel properties > clear).

Reply #287
New Version: JScript Biography 0.9

CHANGELOG

ADD: Image reflections (enable: right click > menu > image).
- Strength/size/gradient are configurable; e.g. gradient = 0 gives whole reflection at the same level; 100 gives a sharp transition.
- Default is full size light fill. For something like NG Playlist, try: Strength,30,Size,30,Gradient,30
- Settings are in panel properties ("Image Reflection..."). Strength can also be adjusted by shift + mouse wheel over image.

ADD: Two style engines are now supported.

1) Auto, as before. Straightforward style that is used by the top, left, bottom or right preset styles.

2) Freestyle. Offers drag style positioning of image & text boxes, plus supports text overlay.
For a freestyle layout choose:
- "Layout > Overlay" preset.
- or "Layout > Create & Manage Styles > Create New Style". The new style is based on the current layout.

Press CTRL to alter layouts (requires mouse-over + panel focus [e.g. click it]). Also shows name & type.

ADD: Choice of overlay effects for use with freestyle layouts.
- Fade (default): fades image into background & offers gradient effects.
- Rectangle & round rectangle: semi-transparent or solid fills +/- rim (border) with custom colour support.
- Most overlay settings are in panel properties ("Overlay..."). Strength can also be adjusted by shift + mouse wheel over text.

ADD: Ability to create/rename/delete/export/reset CUSTOM layout styles (right click > menu > layout).

ADD: Bios & reviews can use different layouts; e.g. try bios > "overlay"; reviews > "top" with reflection.

CHG: Upgraded "More Items" button:
- Now shows Similar artists & Top Albums, previously only listed in the text, as well as "More Tags" as before.
- Click to load bios, reviews & images or cycle items.
- Use "Menu > Sources" to display button (default hidden). Button shows top left and can be resized (CTRL + mouse wheel over button).
- Set heading titleformat to show info type if required (e.g. Similar Artist, Top Album): see documentation for examples.
- Enable a separate cache for novel look-ups, if required.*

ADD: Image [Artist] Cache Limit: limits number of images stored to value set. If used with auto-add, newer images are added & older removed to give a fixed number of up-to-date images.*

CHG: Similar Artists ("Tagger" & "More Items Menu"). Number used can now be set*. If writing >20 similar artists to tag, it's likely to be necessary to increase size limits in "LargeFieldsConfig.txt" for correct operation.

All tag writing (shift + right click) is from saved sources and will work best if JScript Biography has been used for a while.

CHG: Themes are now in a sub-menu (right click > menu > layout > themes) + added a blend theme.

CHG: Altered numbering system for biography.ini version.

CHG: Last.fm language can now be set with "right click > menu > sources", as well as in server settings (biography.ini). Biography.ini also has a setting to automatically fallback to trying the English server if there are no results, as before*. The other source is only available in English.

FIX: Compatibility with JScript Panel v2.0.1.

* Settings: "menu > sources > server settings" (biography.ini).

Reply #288
Sergey77,
you mush change Lastfm Server= in yttm\biography.ini

Lastfm Server: change for biographies & album reviews in different languages. Known Last.fm Servers: www.last.fm, www.last.fm/de, www.last.fm/es, www.last.fm/fr, www.last.fm/it, www.last.fm/ja, www.last.fm/pl, www.last.fm/pt, www.last.fm/ru, www.last.fm/sv, www.last.fm/tr and www.last.fm/zh.
pIv, I didn't know, thanks for the tip.

WilB, Thank You very much for your great work - JScript Biography!
this is exactly what I dreamed (and many other people, I think) to see for the fb2k.
I will test and use this script. If I'll have suggestions of improvement, I'll write ))).

Best Regards.

Reply #289
New Version: JScript Biography 0.9

Hi @WilB, greatly appreciate your efforts to revive the BIO in DarkOne v4.0.  Text bios are showing up without issue but Artist images aren't being fetched; I'm just seeing the default No Photo image permanently.  I have tried my best to follow the steps correctly by reading through the 12 pages (I was late to the party) but there is a lot of info so I must be missing a step or doing something wrong.

I'm doing clean standard installs and these are the steps I take and component versions used:

- Install foobar2000_v1.4_beta_3
- Install DarkOne v4.0 as per Tedgo's method
- Load Tedgo's DarkOne v4.0 FCL
- Install JScript ("foo_jscript_panel-v2.0.1-Beta1.fb2k-component")
- Install your DarkOne v4.0 JScript Biography Version FCL
- Update Biography to v0.9 via Configure > Tools

Apologies for having to ask for your assistance - I've checked Server Settings for issues but the default looks to be in order.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Reply #290
It seems writing to tags isn't able to write to multiple artists at once and also It seems to only write to currently playing artists. I didn't experience that with previous versions. Is this normal behavior or did I mess something up with the settings?

Reply #291
New Version: JScript Biography 0.9.0.1

@jazzthieve. I have fixed an issue with writing similar artists to tag & that hopefully sorts the problem. Note that tag writing is only from saved sources. If writing > 4 similar artists, the similar artists list has to already exist, and in this mode there is no fall-back to writing the 4 in the biography so that missing ones can be more easily identified. Thanks for reporting.

@uberunit. I couldn't reproduce the issue with DarkOne v4. It just worked for me through the route you used. Occasionally, lfm servers don't respond very quickly or perhaps there could be an issue with the artist name you used. To rule out a problem with the biography.ini, try renaming it to something so you have a back-up & restart foobar2000 to create a new one with default settings. Biography.ini should be in foobar2000\yttm\biography.ini. I would also remove it if you decide to try the new version below.

New DarkOne v4.0 - modified with JScript Biography 0.9.0.1.

All original credit to tedgo.

To use:
1) You HAVE TO install tedgo's DarkOne v4 according to tedgo's instructions here. This is required so that all the necessary stuff is in place. From tedgo instructions: ensure you BACKUP YOUR EXISTING COMPONENTS, CONFIGURATION FILES AND THEMES BEFORE EXECUTING THE SELF-EXTRACTING ARCHIVE!

2) Ensure JScript panel 2.0.1+ is installed.

3) Import the below fcl file: foobar2000 preferences > columns ui > main tab

Reply #292
Hello WilB!

I get this error when trying to install JScript panel 2.0.1+
https://frupic.frubar.net/shots/36392.jpg
JScript panel 1.3.2.2 and JScript Biography 0.8.5.2  works just fine.
Using foobar2000 v1.3.17

More info:
Also tried "DarkOne v4.0 - Tedgo - JScript Biography Version (0.9.01) - Modified by WilB.fcl"
and get this error:
https://frupic.frubar.net/shots/36393.png

What can I do?

Best regards
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #293
JScript Panel 2 requires foobar2000 1.4 (currently beta) and above.

Reply #294
How did you force that? Just so anyone knows, the current SDK defaults to only requiring 1.3 or newer.

Reply #295
JScript panel is used to run it, and that now requires foobar2000 1.4. You would need to get an answer from marc2k3 as to how and why he did it, as JScript panel is his plug-in.

Reply #297
OK, that explains it. I'll probably wait for a stable realease of foobar2000.

Reply #298
OK, that explains it. I'll probably wait for a stable realease of foobar2000.

DarkOne v4.0 only works with JScript Panel 1.3.0+
All Scripts have to be updated for newer JScript Panel Versions. But I have nothing heard from Tedgo for about a year...

Reply #299
DarkOne v4.0 only works with JScript Panel 1.3.0+
All Scripts have to be updated for newer JScript Panel Versions. But I have nothing heard from Tedgo for about a year...
Do you mean DarkOne v4.0 won't work with foobar2000 1.4 and JScript Panel 2 and WilB JScript Biography 0.9.0.1?