Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My wsh panel code (Read 55327 times) previous topic - next topic

My wsh panel code

Reply #75
lastfm_me_pak.zip updated. theme pack is also updated. Now the original one is called big theme and another new one which I'm using is called small one. The former uses all my panels, the latter does not include last.fm recent tracks and charts. Last.fm scrobblers are disabled by default so if anyone wants to use it instead of foobar component needs to enable it and disable foo_audioscrobbler. Otherwise you will have duplicate entries on last.fm. Change logs include some new changes in additional to those updated separately in lastfm_bio in the last few days:

2010-12-16:
. Fix malformed track number issue
. Add more sanity checks in last.fm write service functions
. Better error reporting when accessing last.fm write services (love, now playing, scrobble) so user can check what is wrong with their track that it didn't get saved by last.fm (foo_audioscrobbler just silently fails I think)
. Scrobble should work correctly when playing track tags are changed
. Fix lastfm_bio panel does not refresh after using Stop after current and user starts playing again
. Fix crash when playback stop due to error (e.g. missing output device...)
. lastfm_playingtrackinfo supports tooltip of truncated artist, title, album information
. Some small changes

As usual, download link in first post.

My wsh panel code

Reply #76
oho thanks
nice update as always D:

My wsh panel code

Reply #77
hey i really like your panels but whenever i try to run them i get an error.
most simple is with lyrics.

WSH Panel Mod (Lyrics): Parsing file "C:\Users\Jonas\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\common.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Lyrics): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Automation server can't create object
Ln: 175, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

I have the scripts in the right folder but i just cant get the code to work in the panel.
Sorry if its something stupid.
Maybe i miss some dependency?

My wsh panel code

Reply #78
Have you disabled safe mode mode in foobar Preferences -> WSH Panel Mod?

My wsh panel code

Reply #79
I'm loving the small theme, thanks a lot!

Just a question though; is it possible to make another tab at the last.fm column to display lyric? (in the small version)

My wsh panel code

Reply #80
Have you disabled safe mode mode in foobar Preferences -> WSH Panel Mod?

Hey that helped thank you.
Works perfectly now.

My wsh panel code

Reply #81

Just a question though; is it possible to make another tab at the last.fm column to display lyric? (in the small version)

View->layout->Enable layout editing mode->Right click on the last.fm column->Replace UI Element->Choose Tabs (in Containers group) then rename tab as you like and add the new tab as lyrics wsh panel or whatever you prefer.

My wsh panel code

Reply #82

View->layout->Enable layout editing mode->Right click on the last.fm column->Replace UI Element->Choose Tabs (in Containers group) then rename tab as you like and add the new tab as lyrics wsh panel or whatever you prefer.

Thanks for the help!

Now I just need to get the right script for the lyrics

My wsh panel code

Reply #83
How can we make the background transparent?

My wsh panel code

Reply #84
Shift+Right Click on the panel-> Select Pseudo Transparent. Remember that you have to use a component like Panel Stack Splitter to show a background image behind the aforementioned WSH panel. In any case, I haven't used this configuration so I can't help you any further than this.

My wsh panel code

Reply #85
Happy holidays everyone. A small update as present 
lastfm_me_pak.zip updated. Users who are using my theme packs, please update manually.

2010-12-24:
. Add panel title option for last.fm artist art and bio panels so they can be arrange more logically in user config
. Add clickable area for artist and album information in playing track info panel to create artist/album playlist
. Fix rare cases where text height calculation in last.fm bio panel is wrong
. Some tweaks

Download at the usual link in first post.

My wsh panel code

Reply #86
merry christmas and happy new year D:

. Add clickable area for artist and album information in playing track info panel to create artist/album playlist

nice update and really an interesting feature but i feel it lack something, something that i don't know if it possible or not XD
well, my tags are kinda sloppy so I'll be more than happy if that feature can use last.fm "spelling correction" feature to list all songs from same artist with different artist tag (some uses romaji some uses kanji). i hope you can understand my point as my english kinda bad lol
don't mind this if it can't be done or if you felt it's too bothersome

My wsh panel code

Reply #87
last.fm autocorrect will only able to search for one alternative and that is the correct tag. If you have for say more than 2 variants, including the the correct tag, it would be impossible for me or last.fm to guess what is in your library to construct the correct autoplaylist query. So no I don't think this feature is worth implementing. You should really keep your library tidy for stuffs to work better though, IMO.

Currently my codes here have some small changes and tweaks. If I can't change anything more for another week including coming up with new ideas. I think I release a new version with my recent changes and take a break until I can find anything to do with them.

My wsh panel code

Reply #88
yea lol, should do that
it just that maintaining a fairly large (2TB) of music collection sometimes felt so exhausting lol

I'll be waiting for your next update D:

My wsh panel code

Reply #89
lastfm_me_pak.zip updated. Users who are using my theme packs, please update manually.

2011-01-09:
. Bio panel: add autosave foobar configuration by user specified duration
. Bio panel last.fm scrobbler: Option to skip scrobbling a track with metadata "scrobble = 0" as tag
. Playing track info panel: Add seekbar (a copy paste of marc2003's aero seekbar)
. Some small tweaks and bug fixes

My wsh panel code

Reply #90
Awesome scripts, man. Keep up the good work!

My wsh panel code

Reply #91

2011-01-25:
. Artistart and Playingtrackinfo panels: code tweaks
. Artistart and bio panels: rearrange context menu
. Bio panel: Autosave setting improvement, now the playcount index file gets copied to another folder called "index-data-bak" for redundancy
. Bio panel: Add upload index data to a server on exit using upload.bat script (this script use winscp to upload data) so user can use it to sync foobar playback information between foobar installations
. Bio panel: Add network option so user can set up proxy settings if user is behind one. This settings is used for both wget (download program used to get artist art) and last.fm functions in bio panels (get bio, charts, scrobble...)
. Bio panel, scrobble functions: Fix some mixed up in scrobble options submenu
. Bio panel, scrobble functions: Add scrobble cache status viewer
. Bio panel, scrobble functions: Add network timeout when last.fm services are not responsive, this requires some big changes in under the hood codes

As said in the changelog, there were some big changes under so if any user encountered errors, please report with error in foobar console.

If user uses playback info sync feature with winscp, beside the upload.bat script, I included a download script and a vista/7 schedule task xml for your convenience. You need to modify them to work under your environment. Feel free to ask question about this mashed up feature .

EDIT: You can use other method to load and download playcount sync data, just rewrite appropriate scripts.

My wsh panel code

Reply #92
Small update:

2011-01-27:
. Artistart panel: fix crash when deleting picture under certain condition
. Artistart panel: fix wrong behavior when using scroll wheel to change active image
. Bio panel: Fix some wrong logic when network error causing artist bio retrieval function to be called recursively

My wsh panel code

Reply #93
Code: [Select]
Network disconnected, or last.fm server is offline. 
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Biography, Last.fm main panel): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'ret' is undefined
Ln: 231, Col: 9
<source text only available in compile time>

it crash on me several times lol, each with different status, unfortunately i lost the log so...

well, thanks D:

My wsh panel code

Reply #94
Copy paste error, thanks for reporting. Change line 231 to:

window.NotifyOthers("recenttracks", "Network error.");

Seems like you're using recent track panel, please test that again. If you're using chart panel test that too. I changed a lot of their back end code inside bio panel but as I don't use these panels much,  I'm lazy to test them. If all go well, I'll release a new version (there's only one new feature though ). If I'm bored enough with Lunar new year vacation I might write a user info panel that can do stuffs soft playlist can do beside showing user's info.

My wsh panel code

Reply #95
now it's different error
Code: [Select]
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Biography, Last.fm main panel): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'filename' is undefined
Ln: 1549, Col: 9

hmm, all other panel seems work fine here (i use all your panel except lyric)

My wsh panel code

Reply #96
That's error is fine. Just restart foobar and it goes away or remember to play a song before doing Update operation.

My wsh panel code

Reply #97
^LOL. that's reallly user friendly.

i tried loading your scripts earlier but gave up because nothing works. i'm amazed actually as you lifted huge amounts of my work and then broken it???

My wsh panel code

Reply #98
Well, sorry master (this is not sarcastic, I started off thanks to your samples). When I tried your script the first time, same thing happened for me, too. It was obviously my fault of not trying to set it up right, though. It's not easy to put you in other people's shoes when writing instructions for this. I tried my best to make it useful for people with many added features and such, will try to make it better, started off by disallowing people Update when that certain variable is not initialized I guess.

EDIT: I do hope you tried it again and give real advices for anything worth your attention, that would be great.

EDIT2: Pack update, get it at the link in first post.

2011-01-29:
. Bio panel: Disallow people using Update command when certain variable isn't set, this works around a crash
. Bio panel: Added ability to get Internet Explorer proxy setting the first time user set it up
. Bio panel: Fix a crash when called by recent track panel

My wsh panel code

Reply #99
oh i make mistakes all the time and my scripts have crashed left, right and centre. but when someone reports it, i don't tell them to restart foobar to fix it. i try and make things as user friendly as possible. that's all i'm saying.

whatever the user does, your scripts shouldn't crash. no matter how much you test, there's always going to be something that occurs that you hadn't thought of. it's how you deal with it that matters.