Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

What media player are are you using for listening to audio?

Winamp2
[ 90 ] (24.1%)
Winamp3
[ 4 ] (1.1%)
Sonique
[ 0 ] (0%)
WindowsMediaPlayer
[ 8 ] (2.1%)
WindowsMediaPlayer Classic
[ 8 ] (2.1%)
RealOnePlayer
[ 0 ] (0%)
Foobar2k
[ 235 ] (62.8%)
ZoomPlayer
[ 2 ] (0.5%)
some other DVD/video player
[ 3 ] (0.8%)
some player I forgot to add
[ 24 ] (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 417

Topic: What media-player are are you using? (Read 51561 times) previous topic - next topic

What media-player are are you using?

Reply #25
Windows Media Player for audio and Zoomplayer for video. Winamp2 only for the few MPC's I have. I hardly ever listen to MP3's or other lossy codecs anymore. Huge modern hard disks made lossy codecs obsolete for me. But they surely make sense in other contexts and for other people of course...

Should try Foobar...

Reply #26
Winamp 2.95 with Album List 1.42.

If Foobar could do what winamp Albumlist does (can it???) then I'd probably use it. But on my system there are no real advantages in using Foobar. Winamp does all I need and it looks much prettier.

.dd.

Reply #27
I am using Winamp since version 1.45 and I still like it a lot.

Anyway, I saw people asking about the difference between Windows Media Player and Windows Media Player Classic: Windows Media Player is the program "wmplayer.exe", while Windows Media Player Classic is "mplayer2.exe".

Reply #28
Anyway, I saw people asking about the difference between Windows Media Player and Windows Media Player Classic: Windows Media Player is the program "wmplayer.exe", while Windows Media Player Classic is "mplayer2.exe".

from afterdawn.com:
Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots of nice extra features.
MPC has, for instance, a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QT and/or Real player), and lots more.
Definitely a great replacement for the huge and clumsy Microsoft Media Players.
Did you know that all Windows distributions still include the old Media Player v6.4? You can run it by clicking Start, Run and entering MPLAYER2.EXE

I think there is no more confusion now. We have:
- Media Player Classic (homepage: http://gabest.org/ )
- Windows Media Player (the program "wmplayer.exe")
- "mplayer2.exe" which is the old Windows Media Player v6.4 (but, why call it "classic"?).

Reply #29
Haha, how about Graphedit?

Reply #30
Media Player Classic (the one by Gabest) for Video and foobar2000 for audio. It's that simple. Both currently represent state-of-the-art technology, have a rather minimal approach and their developers support/contribute to other projects as well..

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #31
K-Jofol anyone ? Sonique 2 ? Winamp v1.x ? soundrec32.exe ?
Oh boy, I think I'll start the poll next month...
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #33
What's up with ZINF, XMMS or ALSA-player? Not everybody is using Win32 environments...
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #34
The only common point with Windows is that it really looks like Windows Media Player 7. That's all. But, Media Player Classic is just much better.

Nope, it looks like Windows Media Player 6.x.

I use Winamp 2.81c for audio and Media Player Classic for videos.
I love the moderators.

Reply #36
If Foobar could do what winamp Albumlist does (can it???)

Yes, it can.

Reply #37
gosh, I didn't think that such a huge number of ppl use foobar2k so far, rather than winamp. I guess that speaks for itself... (in case some guys didn't register a few times, just to make the foobar line grow...    )
I'm kind of glad to see though that nobody use sonique. not that this would be bad in any way, I just don't like it much.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #38
I didn't think that such a huge number of ppl use foobar2k so far, rather than winamp. I guess that speaks for itself...

Hehe, yes, sure, but maybe you must start the same topic in the Winamp forums and then compare again... 

And about the GUIs... if you want, there isn't a difference:
foobarlooks

Reply #39
I didn't think that such a huge number of ppl use foobar2k so far, rather than winamp. I guess that speaks for itself...

Hehe, yes, sure, but maybe you must start the same topic in the Winamp forums and then compare again... 

maybe there should be some new disclaimer included in the registration-proces here at HA:
something like, 'yes, I fully agree with the fact, that god first created foobar2k, then the other stuff...'   
but you are prob. right about the winamp forum... *mhm, what make me think that... cause it's a forum for winamp? yes, makes sence*
though I have to say, I simply  winamp!
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #40
If Foobar could do what winamp Albumlist does (can it???)

Yes, it can.

Can you tell me how to do it then ...???

I have albums saved as Genre/Artist/Album/track.mp3 What I want is to be able to list albums based on their directory hierarchy, and *NOT* based on their tags. Winamp albumlist does this easily. So how can you do it in Foobar?

[this isn't the first time I've posted this question, and I'm not the only person to ask it]

.dd.

Reply #41
Something like this:
Code: [Select]
$directory(%_path%,3)|$directory(%_path%,2)|$directory(%_path%,1)|%_filename%
should do the trick (in albumlist settings / tree hierarchy).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #42
Something like this:

Thanks zZzZzZz - it did the trick perfectly!
I wish the Foobar docs were a bit easier to get and a bit more newbie friendly. not being a programmer it wan't too easy to work this out for myself.

Now I'm a foobar convert!

Reply #43
Winamp 2.81 for audio
Windows Media Player 6.4 (mplayer2.exe) for videos

Reply #44
Something like this:

This is exactly why I love FB2K so much: it's incredibly flexible, but you have to take your time playing around with it. The album list is a good example: after experimenting with it for a while, I found out that I no longer need any other external media organizer.

Another reason why I love FB2K is the universal and transparent tagging and replay (album!) gain support for all formats (MP3,MPC,OGG,FLAC,APE,...).

Incredible work by Peter.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #45
Winamp 5.0 beta 2.
THE LAST AAC ENTHUSIAST[2.0 & 5.1]

Reply #46
I'm a Foobar2k converted and use it on a daily basis. I enjoy the flexibility of its playlist, replay gain and the kernel streaming.

I still use Winamp3 sometimes for its Media Library, I do like this tool (despite some bugs...) and it is the only one working propely for *.ape files (my format of choice) thanks to Case plugin.

Reply #48
I also use XBMP as seen on www.xboxmediaplayer.de

Now that's one project which could do with a foobar core port...

Reply #49
I also use XBMP as seen on www.xboxmediaplayer.de

Now that's one project which could do with a foobar core port...

AFAIK they use MPlayer; one of the fastest and most user-unfriendly players in the world.