Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Normalizing Video Files (Read 5799 times) previous topic - next topic

Normalizing Video Files

Is there any software, similar to MP3Gain, to normalize video files (avi, mpeg, etc...) without actually exporting the audio track? 

Karamelo
Karamelo

"La vie est un don offert à quelques-uns pour le plaisir de tous." Amedeo Modigliani

Normalizing Video Files

Reply #2
A tool to do this should be fairly easy to write... Post to the xvid forums also, I reckon!

Use Virtualdub sources to demux avi,
Use mp3gain to sort gain,
Use Virtualdub to remux again.

Hmm... I wonder if John33 is good at this kind of thing?

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Normalizing Video Files

Reply #4
Any new tools which can normalize AVI in-place or at least output the maximum volume so some kind of replay-gain is possible?

Normalizing Video Files

Reply #5
Any new tools which can normalize AVI in-place or at least output the maximum volume so some kind of replay-gain is possible?

use the ffdshow-audio decoder. it has a dynamic normalization but
it's borked in some builds (too rapid volume changes).

Normalizing Video Files

Reply #6
It's not exactly what you asked, but it may help you. It solved all my problems with video normalization...

I play music videos at a bowling center, and normalization was really a problem until I started using a multi-band dynamic compressor called OctiMax. It will not just normalize the sound volume, but the bass/mid/treble will also be sort of "normalized".

OctMax is a winamp plugin, so I use it with BSPlayer (that can perfectly play DSPs plugins from winamp).
Now I can just open a playlist of 400+ videos and forget about volume and equalization.   

If you don’t care about a gentle dynamic compression, then it’s great tool. I use it every day. Even at my home computer.
muaddib