Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Anyway to add a button or visual indicator for "stop after current" on foobar200 (Read 2503 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyway to add a button or visual indicator for "stop after current" on foobar200

I use "stop after current" very often and I have a global hotkey for it, but I cannot easily tell if it is activated or not, especially if I fat finger the hotkey and am not sure if I enabled it or not. Is there any way to add a clickable enable/disable or check mark/blank button on foobar so that I can see from a quick glance whether 'stop after current' is enabled? If so how?

Appreciate it!

Re: Anyway to add a button or visual indicator for "stop after current" on foobar200

Reply #1
Within the Panel Stack Splitter I created a button which changes color using $imagebutton and a global variable:
Code: [Select]
// Stop after current

$init_ps_global(this_stop_after_current,0,1)

$if($stricmp(%this_stop_after_current%,'1'),

// stop after current active

$puts(this_filename_of_pic,Stop_tiefrot.png)
   $puts(x_promille,935)
   $puts(y_promille,310)
   $puts(this_width,50)
   $puts(this_original_width,1)
   $puts(this_original_height,1)

$puts(this_position_X,$div($mul($get(x_promille),%_width%),1000))
   $puts(this_position_Y,$div($mul($get(y_promille),%_height%),1000))

$imagebutton($get(this_position_X),$get(this_position_Y),$get(this_width),$muldiv($get(this_width),$get(this_original_height),$get(this_original_width)),.\my_pics\$get(this_filename_of_pic),.\my_pics\$get(this_filename_of_pic),
                        COMMAND:Playback/Stop after current;
                        SETGLOBAL:this_stop_after_current:0;
                        REFRESH,left,right)

// stop after current deactivated

$puts(this_filename_of_pic,Stop_weiss.png)
   $puts(x_promille,935)
   $puts(y_promille,310)
   $puts(this_width,50)

$imagebutton($get(this_position_X),$get(this_position_Y),$get(this_width),$muldiv($get(this_width),$get(this_original_height),$get(this_original_width)),.\my_pics\$get(this_filename_of_pic),.\my_pics\$get(this_filename_of_pic),
                        SETGLOBAL:this_stop_after_current:1;
                        REFRESH,left,right)

)

Re: Anyway to add a button or visual indicator for "stop after current" on foobar200

Reply #3
With Columns UI Button toolbar, the button "Stop after current" changes background color, depending of activation state.
Great, should have seen that earlier... Are there any other CUI buttons changing background with state?

Reply #5
Within the Panel Stack Splitter I created a button which changes color using $imagebutton and a global variable:
// Stop after current

$init_ps_global(this_stop_after_current,0,1)

$if($stricmp(%this_stop_after_current%,'1'),

// stop after current active

$puts(this_filename_of_pic,Stop_tiefrot.png)
   $puts(x_promille,935)
   $puts(y_promille,310)
   $puts(this_width,50)

SETGLOBAL:this_stop_after_current:0;
                        REFRESH,left,right)

// stop after current deactivated

$puts(this_filename_of_pic,Stop_weiss.png)
   $puts(x_promille,935)
   $puts(y_promille,310)
   $puts(this_width,50)

SETGLOBAL:this_stop_after_current:1;
                        REFRESH,left,right)

)

nice how did you do this? i am not seeing "panel stack splitter" in my foobar. Do I need to paste the code you posted in VBC and then compile it as a program and then add it to my foobar as a component or what?

thanks!

Reply #6
With Columns UI Button toolbar, the button "Stop after current" changes background color, depending of activation state.

I downloaded and installed the columns UI componenet, but am not seeing any stop after current button or anything, how do I do that?

Reply #7

I downloaded and installed the columns UI componenet, but am not seeing any stop after current button or anything, how do I do that?

You need to edit your visible button set. Just Right click on any of your buttons and go to "button options"

Reply #8
nice how did you do this? i am not seeing "panel stack splitter" in my foobar. Do I need to paste the code you posted in VBC and then compile it as a program and then add it to my foobar as a component or what?

thanks!
Well, I guess this is a longer story:
- this has nothing to do with Visual Basic Compiler (VBC), Panel Stack Splitter (PSS) is a foobar-internal capability
- Foobar has 2 user interfaces; Default UI (DUI) and Columns UI (CUI)
- PSS can only be used with Colums UI
- to get familiar with the concept of Columns UI, there are a lot of tutorials out there, for example here, here and here.
- the PSS is one type of panel which can be created in CUI. Info for PSS see for example here and here
- the concept of PSS is to span a UI area in the foobar window, where you can place different UI elements such as panels or buttons freely, even stack UI elements (that is where the name comes from)
- when you have created a PSS splitter in your layout, you find unter splitter settings a script tab, where you can paste the code under the tab 'Per Track'

However, the proposal  from grimes is much more straight forward

Reply #9
Always on top, playback follows cursor, cursor follows playback
Thanks snotlicker, was not aware of that at all until now!

Reply #10
Thank you Mojobass!!! I made the button the mandalorian symbol xD 

However I would like to change the layout to be like my regular foobar, i dont like the white color and idk how to change it, how can i make my regular foobar layout but keep the Stop after current button? I know my foobar layout is very simple, but its pragmatic for me and works 100% how i need it to, i just want the stop after current button haha but i can only get that on ColumnsUI which is white and doesnt have the media library search i guess that you get with %path% PRESENT auto playlist.

Reply #12
Preferences | Display | Columns UI | Colours and fonts

media library search: Library | Search

nice thank you! problem is though when i open library search it just pops out as a window, any way to make it part of my layout like in my default UI?

Also I found the color options but when I change the colors they and hit apply they are not having any effect, any idea why?

Reply #14
Is the Element "Playlist view" in Colours set to Global?

yeah sorry i got the colors working now, but is there any way to integrate the media library search to my foobar rather than making it a seperate window?

Also is there a way to put a play arrow or highlight the song that is currently playing on the list?

Reply #15
Media library search as panel: Not possible, but you can use Quicksearch instead.

arrow: Preferences | Display | Columns UI | Playlist view | Columns | Title | Display script
$if(%_isplaying%,> )

Reply #16
Media library search as panel: Not possible, but you can use Quicksearch instead.

arrow: Preferences | Display | Columns UI | Playlist view | Columns | Title | Display script
$if(%_isplaying%,> )

I see thanks a lot! I think I finally got it setup how I want it, simple, but efficient! I added 4 more '>' arrows to make it easier to see the 'now playing' lol