Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Window title when foobar is idle (Read 1109 times) previous topic - next topic

Window title when foobar is idle

Hi,

Let's assume that I put this code in Preferences > DUI > Window title :
Code: [Select]
$if(%isplaying%,PLAYING,IDLE)
(this is just an example, the real code is more complex)

When foobar is playing, the window title and taskbar display "PLAYING".
However when foobar stops playing, the window title and taskbar display "foobar2000 v1.5.1".
This is not what I want, especially because I have several portable installs so they become difficult to differentiate in the taskbar. I don't want foobar displaying its name and version every time it's idle.

Can this be changed somehow ? Thanks !

Re: Window title when foobar is idle

Reply #1
... hello ?... anybody out there ?... :o

Reply #2
Hello ?...  :o  :o  :o

Reply #3
Fear not, I can see your posts! ;)  I guess from the lack of answers you can assume no one knows how to do your request, probably hard-coded and not even possible. So at best a feature request.

Have you tried searching for an external solution? This post has two apps, and a make-your-own command line EXE in comments. Or you could try making an Autohotkey script / EXE and calling it from foo_scheduler command line.

Cheers

Reply #4
Thank you @anamorphic for answering !

It wasn't really a feature request, rather what I think is a glitch within foobar that IMHO could be corrected. If we can rename the window, why could we do it only when a song is playing and not the rest of the time ? Just wondering.

Thanks for your links. I'm not sure they'd work for me though, because my goal would be to set a custom title ONLY when nothing is playing, and then resume to my current titleformat title when music plays.