Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating or getting Hi Def White Noise (Read 1583 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating or getting Hi Def White Noise

HELP
[/b]

Where would I get or how do I create White Noise?

I need a White Noise that is full spectrum and equal in amplitude on the frequency band. Some have been either too much bass or to much in the high-frequency range.

Advice thoughts?

Re: Creating or getting Hi Def White Noise

Reply #1
Have you tried Audacity's Generate function?   I assume  Audacity does it correctly because it's easy to generate (pseudo) random numbers digitally.    Or if you Google, you can find white noise samples that you can download.

If you need "high definition", set the Audacity Project Rate to whatever sample rate you want.   Audacity works in floating-point so you can export as a 32-bit floating-point or 24-bit WAV file.

Note that pink noise is more commonly used for audio testing/calibration because of they way audio spectrum analyzers work, and because of they way our hearing "works".     Pink noise is also less-abusive to tweeters and it sounds more like naturally-generated noises.