Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No Audio Output - Please help! (Read 1546 times) previous topic - next topic

No Audio Output - Please help!

Foobar has been working great until today when all of a sudden, it stopped playing audio. I still see the meter in Foobar moving when I play audio and I also see the meter in the Windows Volume Mixer moving as well. Under Preference/Output/Device I have selected the proper output device, HDA Xplosion 7.1. Audio plays fine using Quicktime player (which is set to use the same audio output device, HDA Xplosion 7.1, as Foobar.)

I've never had any issues until today. I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling Foobar, and updating to 1.1.13 and I'm still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Reply #1
Mute selected by mistake?

Reply #2
Thanks for the guess, but that's not it. The volume control is all the way up. I have mute bound to Alt-M and when I hit mute, I see the volume control go up and down and I still hear no output.

Any other guesses?

Reply #3
What's your output device in Preferences?