Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2725
I'm sure this has come up before, but feature request:

Support for AlbumArtExchange (AAX)

http://www.albumartexchange.com/

These guys have a somewhat small, but very high quality stock of album art.

Reply #2726
I'm pretty sure they take active measures to prevent their images being scraped.

Reply #2727
Hi,

i would like register cover (only 500px by 500px) in tag (mp3, flac, dsf,..) and not in the folder. It's possible with this appli ?

Rgds

Reply #2729
Has this stopped working tried scraping for a cover and it came back with zero results

Reply #2730
Nope, just tried it now and I'm getting results back as usual

Reply #2731
Mine has also stopped working -- right after a Windows update. The update doesn't seem to have involved .NET or anything else obviously related, though. Tried a reinstall to no avail.

Reply #2732
Turns out the issue was that the user.config file/folder in AppData had been somehow corrupted. After deleting that folder (which required Unlocker) and reinstalling, everything's okay. I dunno if this happening at the same time as a Windows update was a coincidence or not.

Reply #2733
Hi guys, only recently starting using this program, it is brilliant, anyway got a issue probably easy to sort but at the moment i can`t work it out, is there anyway of adjusting the size of the thumbnails, i have a eye condition and some days they are too small for me to see and other days i would like them smaller in size.

Reply #2734
is there anyway of adjusting the size of the thumbnails
Yes, in the bottom right corner of the thumbnail there is a little triangular gripper. Drag that to make the thumbnail bigger or smaller.

Reply #2736
I really like AAD. Before I knew it I searched every single cover manually... Can't imagine how unefficient it was haha
Keep the work going guys and many thanks! :)

Reply #2737
This is a great program for downloading album art!
I just want to know why the art does not save to the music file exactly but instead saves as a picture.
When I open iTunes none of the art is there since the art is not saved onto the file directly as a tag.
Let me know if there is a way. Thanks!

Reply #2738
I just want to know why the art does not save to the music file exactly but instead saves as a picture.
Ensuring that all the tracks in the album have the correct artwork embedded is a library management task, similar to setting the album and artist name tags for them all. Album Art Downloader is not a library management tool. It will find and download the artwork for the album, but if you want to work with tags, that's out of scope. iTunes is library managenent software and ought to be able to do that sort of job, but I don't use it so I can't say for sure. If it doesn't automatically recognize a .jpg album art though, that's a bit poor and not a good sign!

Reply #2739
Hi!

Long time user, love the program! Really nifty tool! Thanks for sharing it with the world!

Since recently, i.e. since one of the last Windows 10 Updates, I have an issue: AAD (1.02) is not starting anymore. I just get the Windows box "...has stopped working".
Unfortunately, I don't know where I can find an error log or debug file or anything alike.

Recently, the user mookieproof reported a similar problem, I think. However, I can't make use of his solution below, since I can't identify the "user.config file/folder in AppData". (I know where AppData is and what it is, but I can't find any file or folder named user.config or anything related to AAD there.)

Turns out the issue was that the user.config file/folder in AppData had been somehow corrupted. After deleting that folder (which required Unlocker) and reinstalling, everything's okay. I dunno if this happening at the same time as a Windows update was a coincidence or not.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Reply #2740
I can't identify the "user.config file/folder in AppData". (I know where AppData is and what it is, but I can't find any file or folder named user.config or anything related to AAD there.)
There should be a %localappdata%\AlbumArtDownloader folder which you can delete. That will reset all AAD settings, and will be recreated when you next run AAD.

Reply #2741
There should be a %localappdata%\AlbumArtDownloader folder which you can delete. That will reset all AAD settings, and will be recreated when you next run AAD.

Thanks for your fast response, appreciate it a lot! Love the tool!

Unfortunately, there is no such folder:

Any hint or tips?

Here also the content of my installation folder:

Like I said: I have a feeling that this problem correlates with a recent Windows or NVidia Update. It used to work perfectly fine until a few weeks ago. Then I didn't use AAD for a while and now it's not working anymore. Already tried reinstalling.
I'd love to look into an error log or anything, but I'm not sure if Windows stores something like that automatically for a program that gets "has stopped working". And if Windows does, I couldn't find out where, yet.

Reply #2742
AlbumArtDownloader will create an error log if it can, as errorlog.txt in the program folder, or %temp%\AAD_errorlog.txt if that fails. It looks to me like it's not even able to do that, that something is preventing it from running at all. Windows will log errors in the "Event Viewer" (look under Custom Views/Administritive Events for any error with the source ".NET Runtime"). It's unlikely that this information will prove helpful, though.

Uninstalling and re-installing the .net framework has been known to resolve this sort of issue in the past, but I'm not sure if that's possible under Windows 10.

Reply #2743
AlbumArtDownloader will create an error log if it can, as errorlog.txt in the program folder, or %temp%\AAD_errorlog.txt if that fails. It looks to me like it's not even able to do that, that something is preventing it from running at all. Windows will log errors in the "Event Viewer" (look under Custom Views/Administritive Events for any error with the source ".NET Runtime"). It's unlikely that this information will prove helpful, though.

Uninstalling and re-installing the .net framework has been known to resolve this sort of issue in the past, but I'm not sure if that's possible under Windows 10.

You are right: there is no errorlog in the program folder, as can be seen in my screenshot. There is one errorlog.txt file in %temp%, but that one is a little older. And no new one is created whenever it stops working during start-up.
However, each start-up abort can be seen in the Windows Event Viewer. (Thanks for that hint!) The information there is indeed quite unhelpful, at least to me. Might you be able to identify a better root cause if I provide you that event viewer error? If you are willing to take a look, obviously!

And about the .NET framework: This sucks... Apparently, the .NET Framework 4.7 is part of the recent Windows 10 Creators Update, hence it cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled.
I tried to "repair" the probably broken .NET Framework installation by deactivating the .NET features, restarting, activating and updating again. But that didn't solve the AAD start-up issue.

No idea what else I could try to get AAD working again. I can only hope that the next .NET framework update comes soon and fixes the problem, I guess.

Reply #2744
Might you be able to identify a better root cause if I provide you that event viewer error? If you are willing to take a look, obviously!
Sure, I can take a look, no problem, but as I said before it's unlikely to provide an answer.

Reply #2745
Hey,  Album Art is great !
I have just a problem : I updated the scripts today, and they have all disappear.
The only one left is the "local files" script.
I can make an update in the option, and the result is always the same. No new script, just the "local files" left
Any clue ?
Thx

Reply #2747
Sure, I can take a look, no problem, but as I said before it's unlikely to provide an answer.

Hi again. So, I decided to not bother you with that log cause it really looked unpromising and since you already said yourself that it won't probably help much, I just lived without AAD for a while.

But searching on google for squared images is absolutely not yielding the same results as AAD did! I miss that little piece of software! :)

Meanwhile, I also installed AAD on my laptop, which is also running x64 Win10. There, AAD is running fine...

I really want to figure out why it's not running on my desktop anymore though. Do you have any idea why the log file is not written at all to the temp folder, even when I start AAD with administrator rights?

Reply #2748
Do you have any idea why the log file is not written at all to the temp folder, even when I start AAD with administrator rights?
The log is not written because AAD cannot start at all, there must be something seriously wrong with the .net framework on that pc. I'm afraid I don't have any better guesses for you since my original reply, sorry.

Reply #2749
Hm, thanks for your feedback.

It's really stupid how the Windows Creators Update and .NET 4.7 are intervened such that it seems impossible to reinstall. I can pretty much chose between reinstalling Windows alltogether or waiting for the next .NET release. :(

I'll use AAD on my laptop then. It's just too good. :)