Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2775
Is Discogs script broken for anyone else? It stopped working for me around a week ago. Thank you for this wonderful tool.

Reply #2776
Is Discogs script broken for anyone else? It stopped working for me around a week ago. Thank you for this wonderful tool.
Thanks for letting me know, I've updated discogs.boo and it should be working again now.

Reply #2777
Working great again, thanks!

edit: Maybe something is still little fishy? I tried using file browser and it got two result straight away from Discogs, but didn't find anything on next 20 or so. Tags should be right because I've tagged these from Discogs originally.

edit2: Installed it again and same happened. Two results then blanks.

Reply #2778
I registered to say that the fanart.tv script is again broken and I'd very much appreciate a look at it since it's one of the better ones in the bundle.
Were you using the version I posted here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,57392.msg914440.html#msg914440 (or the other one I posted a few messages below that)?

It's still working just fine for me as of today. I just re-sent @AlexVallat that version so he can post it on the official repo, but if you guys are having trouble with it, please let me know. (fanart.tv's API seems a little slow to respond today but that usually fixes itself in a day or two).
yes, I have been. I just tried both of them and can see nothing from Fanart, even though I double checked that they have the cover I need.

Reply #2779
I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro 64bits with .NET Framework v4.7: do I have to install v3.5 or is Album Art Downloader installer supposed to work with the latest Framework?

I tried and it doesn't work, but I thought I'd ask before installing another .NET version.

Thanks.

Reply #2780
I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro 64bits with .NET Framework v4.7: do I have to install v3.5 or is Album Art Downloader installer supposed to work with the latest Framework?
Sorry, it does require v3.5 to be installed too.

Reply #2781
Any chance of a ebay script for this?, i often find art on ebay

Reply #2782
Hey. Thanks again for continuing existence of this wonderful app.

Wanted to ask if there's any way to have an extra Qobuz script for UK releases or maybe include them in the existing one? There's lots of stuff on there that doesn't show in search results.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #2783
There's lots of stuff on there that doesn't show in search results.
Can you give me an example of a search with results which do not get shown? It seems to be working fine for me...

Reply #2784
There's lots of stuff on there that doesn't show in search results.
Can you give me an example of a search with results which do not get shown? It seems to be working fine for me...

For example, this page exists on qobuz, but the program doesn't show the artwork when searched.
http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/fields-of-gold-official-bbc-children-in-need-single-2017-katie-melua/4050538346510

Reply #2785
OK, Qobuz has several localised sites you can choose from. The default is French (fr-fr), but they have other choices including UK. I don't want to provide separate scripts for each one, but I have updated the qobuz.boo script so that it's easy to customize. Just change the Locale="fr-fr" line near the top to be Locale="gb-en" if you prefer to use the UK localised site.

Reply #2786
OK, Qobuz has several localised sites you can choose from. The default is French (fr-fr), but they have other choices including UK. I don't want to provide separate scripts for each one, but I have updated the qobuz.boo script so that it's easy to customize. Just change the Locale="fr-fr" line near the top to be Locale="gb-en" if you prefer to use the UK localised site.

Thanks! However... I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but when I change the line to have "gb-en" instead of "fr-fr", nothing changes. the name of the script in the list stays the same (and I assume it should change), and the search results are still the same. tried with the same image search that I provided the example of and others.

Reply #2787
when I change the line to have "gb-en" instead of "fr-fr", nothing changes.
Strange - when you restarted Album Art Downloader, did it show the "Compiling Scripts" progress at the splash screen? You are right, the name of the script in the list should change to show the current locale in it.

Reply #2788
when I change the line to have "gb-en" instead of "fr-fr", nothing changes.
Strange - when you restarted Album Art Downloader, did it show the "Compiling Scripts" progress at the splash screen? You are right, the name of the script in the list should change to show the current locale in it.
Yeah, that was on me. I didn't realize new scripts are saved into AppData folder instead of Scripts folder.
Thank you very much!

Reply #2789
Can I configure AAD to autosave artwork - and use the Presets without having to click on Save As?
Thanks

Reply #2790
Can I configure AAD to autosave artwork - and use the Presets without having to click on Save As?
Sorry, I'm don't quite understand what you are asking. If you use Save As then you can give it whatever name you like. If you use Presets, then you don't use Save As, instead you pick the preset you want from the pop-up menu (just below Save As).

The only thing I can think of that might be "autosave" is from the file browser, you can have it automatically download the first result rather than showing the search window. In that case the default (first) preset value will be used - the same as if you had just clicked the Save button.

Reply #2791
Sorry, I'm don't quite understand what you are asking. If you use Save As then you can give it whatever name you like. If you use Presets, then you don't use Save As, instead you pick the preset you want from the pop-up menu (just below Save As).

The only thing I can think of that might be "autosave" is from the file browser, you can have it automatically download the first result rather than showing the search window. In that case the default (first) preset value will be used - the same as if you had just clicked the Save button.

Hello Alex, thanks for the prompt response and for the program.

To me, autosave, would save the images automatically and use the presets to save them as different files.  I got good matches with Musicbrainz yesterday. Only two sets of images appeared in the search results.  If I had worked at the serarch criteria, I might have to down to one set. The differences appeared to be different colour cds....

I would also like to save different size images into different sub-folders: one for small embedded (200x200) say, one for tablets and one for a big display.

By the way, on the latest version, the Default Preset is empty. I had to fill in it

Dpr

Reply #2792
You can include the image size in the path (or filename) using the %size% placeholder, but there isn't any automatic categorization into small / medium / big. I would suggest the best workflow would be to use AAD to download the full size image that you want, and then some other library management software to produce resized versions at whatever sizes you need for different purposes.

The Default preset is empty deliberately, so that a %preset% placeholder can be included without it affecting the filename unless a preset is actually chosen. So if you just hit Save, you get "Folder.jpg", but if you choose the "CD" preset you get "Folder-CD.jpg". Presets are a flexible system, though, so how you use it depends on your own workflow.

Reply #2793
Thanks Alex, from an earlier post, I understood that the default preset was going to be be filled in.

Any thoughts on the autosave?

dpr

Reply #2794
Any thoughts on the autosave?
If you are using the file or foobar browser, there's an option you can select to automatically download the first result for each selected album, rather than showing search windows. From the search window itself, no, there's nothing more 'auto' than clicking the save button, even if only one result comes back.

Reply #2795
Thanks,. I understand about auto-download. Auto Save is different. I want to refresh artwork for over 400 cds automatically in a larger size. Manually clicking save for each type of image (3 or 4) is not very attractive...

Reply #2796
Seems to me that the file browser and auto-download is the right tool for refreshing artwork for 400 cds. Set it up with the right constraints on size and type, the right path/filename info and set it to auto-download. Then select all the albums, press the button and hope for the best! You would have to do this 3 or 4 times, though, one for each type of image, as it will generally only download one image per album. You would also need a source which accurately reports the type of image (front/back/cd/etc.) as otherwise there would be no way to filter based type and you couldn't download, for example, specifically back covers.

Reply #2797
How do I save the auto-downloaded files?

Reply #2798
How do I save the auto-downloaded files?
Downloaded is saved. They will be saved according to the "Specify path to find images" box in the Options for the browser. By default, this will save them as Folder.jpg, but you can change that to whatever you want. The path is relative to the path of the album the art is for.

Reply #2799
Hi,

I have one question that  I can not figure out:
How can I add a setting so that the album art will be downloaded straight to the folder that is missing the album art? Now it downloads it to my music folder and not to the specify folder like: Anthrax/Stomp folder.