Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023264 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2701
Hello, Alex!
I created Gracenote script 

Please replace gnClientID and gnUserID with yours.
Thanks

Sorry but would someone mind helping me a little here.. I registered and received an API key. I also created an app for AAD and reeived a "clientID", "client tag", and an "Client ID for Web API, Rhythm API and eyeQ". I'm not sure what to put in the gracenote script. ANything I try is returning an error when I try to start AAD.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2703
Hello, beesmyer.
You need to get Gracenote UserID, too. Please refer to this page.
I'm not sure what to put in the gracenote script.

Please chack the script's line 16 and line 18.

Sorry about this... at risk of having everyone on here laughing and never taking me seriously again...
I read that page already. I figured I was getting stumped on the part that explains I need to make a request to the given URL to receive a userid. I understand how to put the request together with my id, and i understand what url it needs to go to... the problem im having right now then is how do i send this query... to the following URL... with my own data ofcourse. Is there some software i'm missing? something in AAD? is doing this going to be beyond my recources seing as how i'm not a programmer?

<QUERIES>
  <QUERY CMD="REGISTER">
    <CLIENT>XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</CLIENT>
  </QUERY>
</QUERIES>

https://cXXXXXXX.web.cddbp.net/webapi/xml/1.0/

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2705
the problem im having right now then is how do i send this query... to the following URL... with my own data ofcourse.
It's difficult for me to explain the way in detail because I'm not good at English.
However, I'll do my best.

If you are using FireFox, I'll recommend HttpRequester Add-on.
Please push Submit or POST button after you set parameters such as the following screen.

You'll get the following result If successful.

I think I just need this one dumbed down a little more.
Example:
(when your ClientID is 1234567-12345678912345678912345678912345678912345
and UserID is 98765432198765432-98765432198765432198765432198765)
Code: [Select]
protected gnClientID as string:
get: return "1234567-12345678912345678912345678912345678912345" //Please replace this with yours.
protected gnUserID as string:
get: return "98765432198765432-98765432198765432198765432198765" //Please replace this with yours.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2706
Pochaboo,

I searched for hours for something to submit query online. That was exactly what I needed. I use firefox and this was easy. I think I'm up and running.

Thank you

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2707
Alex, it came to my attention that the fanart.tv script I wrote stopped working a little while back. I've rewritten part of it and updated it for everybody.

Reply #2708
Alex, it came to my attention that the fanart.tv script I wrote stopped working a little while back. I've rewritten part of it and updated it for everybody.
Yesssssssss, I was hoping it wasn't just on my end.

Reply #2710
Any chance to get a script for Spotify?

Reply #2711
Sorry, the above lastfm-artist.boo doesn't appear to work.
I've updated it.

Reply #2712
GoogleImage Script does not seem to be working. v0.18.
Any updates?

Thank you.

Reply #2713
I got tired of constantly getting the update message for the fanart script and since AlexVallet appears to be MIA (hope he's okay!) and updates probably aren't forthcoming, I decided to make a version with a different name so that you don't get annoyed anylonger.

Reply #2714
Hi, I edited several scripts.
I hope they work properly.

Thank you!!

Would you please be able to take a look at the Google Image search v.0.18?

In my experience this has always been the best one, now it doesn't seem to be working...

I may have just hit google's robot blocker, how do you reset that?

Reply #2716
Would you please be able to take a look at the Google Image search v.0.18?

In my experience this has always been the best one, now it doesn't seem to be working...
@AlexVallat if that helps, I also had Google Images broken last month in my SACAD project due to a Google change.
I fixed it with the following change : https://github.com/desbma/sacad/commit/36de51210a870237fecab6b5e0e3881155ed90d5 (full parsing code here)
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Reply #2717
Hi, I have updated GoogleImage script.
I hope it works properly.
Thanks  ;)

Reply #2718
Thank you. It works.

Reply #2719
In a multi cd release, with folder structure like Album\CDnnn where nnn=001-200 etc, is there any way to update a cover automatically only for the Album folder, not for each individual \CDnnn ?

Automatically as in not manually de/selecting any folders from the missing cover list, or doing manual file copy work (like moving disk 1 image to Album\).

Reply #2720
Hi,

I've just installed the software (W7 64) but when I launch it I get a window
telling me what follows:

Searching for scripts...
Found 1 files: [util.boo]...
Loading references: [System.Web]...
Compiling scripts...
util.boo(76,12): error BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'Regex'.

What shoul I do?

I went to the first post but the link to the wiki seems not working and I've never used the app before.

I'm aiming to use AAD with Foobar2000 to download album arts (fancy that!).

Thanks.

Reply #2721
Hello,

I updated to the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 yesterday.  Prior to this, Album Art Downloader launched without issues.  Now I get the following error:

Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Users\Iscabis\AppData\Local\Temp\AAD_errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.2.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (64 bit)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.QueryPriorInstance(String[] args, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I tried to reinstall, but this did not fix the problem.  I installed a fresh copy on a different computer that recently got updated to the Anniversary Update, and it launched properly and initialized scripts.  I have tried uninstalling on the problematic computer, running CCleaner to clean up any registry items left behind, reinstalled, and the same error occurs.  Some other program that always ran normally prompted to have .NET 3.5 components reinstalled before it allowed to launch after the update.  My guess is some underlying component the software relies on got messed up with the update.

If need be, I can use the software on the computer it works on now, but I would really like to know how to get it working on my main computer again.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Let me know if you need anything else from me.  Thanks.

Reply #2722
I ended up fixing the issue by removing the .NET 3.5 option from "Turn Windows features on or off" to remove that version of .NET, followed by enabling that again.  That fixed the issue immediately for me.

Reply #2723
Greetings,

Any way for the program to only search for folder.jpeg, instead of also seeking id3 embedded art?

Or I'l have to remove all embedded art wih mp3 tag?

Reply #2724
I am using AAD as a tool with Mp3Tag.
The parameters for the search of the album are submitted to AAD from Mp3Tag.

Something strange happens working this way.
After saving a cover it is necessary to close AAD. Otherwise the MP3-files in the albumfolder are locked and cannot be changed by MP3Tag. That's understandable and not so curious.
But even if I close AAD  and the albumfolder contains 11 or more files, the eleventh file keeps to be locked most of the time from seconds up to a minute. I can watch in the process viewer, that AAD needs up to a minute before the process is shut down.

This behaviour interrupts my workflow because immediately after the cover-search I start other actions within MP3Tag for the album-folder and these actions get interrupted because the eleventh file in the folder cannot be written to. So I have to wait some time and repeat the action.

Why does AAD not shut down immediately and keeps the eleventh file of the folder locked?