Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (foobar2000 v2.0) (Read 27015 times) previous topic - next topic
Meowdori and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: foo_midi (foobar2000 v2.0)

Reply #175
There's a problem in Secret Sauce. When i play some midis, they cuts in the beginning, and just sounds pianos, with weak pitch bends, and the map resets to SC-8820 (even if i have the flavor in GS SC-55), most of them sounds fine if i set the flavor in GM, GM2 and XG, but the problem is in GS and Default, however, some of them, aren't fix with any flavor. I leave you one of the midis that Secret Sauce plays wrongly, try it.
Is this a general problem or do you think it was introduced in a particular version?
Is a general problem, it was always there.

Reply #176
I'd like to be able to route the MIDI messages to external MIDI ports to use it with different software or hardware synths. I already have a system-wide software setup using LoopMIDI and FalcoSoft MIDI Player with Yamaha S-YXG50 VST as my main synth. Will such functionality be ever considered and implemented in foo_midi?
Random digital audio nerd girl

Reply #177
I'd like to be able to route the MIDI messages to external MIDI ports to use it with different software or hardware synths. I already have a system-wide software setup using LoopMIDI and FalcoSoft MIDI Player with Yamaha S-YXG50 VST as my main synth. Will such functionality be ever considered and implemented in foo_midi?

Yamaha S-YXG50 VST is my favorite VST too..
Kode54 setup Foo-Midi so it can use it..
you just need VST .dll file(s) and the wave-tables..
he gave me a copy of those a long time ago..
If you want a copy I could PM you?

you just need to extract the VST to a folder and point Foo_midi in the advanced settings of Foobar2000 to look for VSTs in that location.

Reply #178
That has already been requested on GitHub. I don't say "no" but don't hold your breath: foo_midi sees and processes each individual MIDI message and hands it over to the selected synthesizer but the Windows external MIDI API expects buffers with the messages ordered differently. It would require a major redesign of the plugin.

Reply #179

Yamaha S-YXG50 VST is my favorite VST too..
Kode54 setup Foo-Midi so it can use it..
you just need VST .dll file(s) and the wave-tables..
he gave me a copy of those a long time ago..
If you want a copy I could PM you?

you just need to extract the VST to a folder and point Foo_midi in the advanced settings of Foobar2000 to look for VSTs in that location.
I think you misunderstood me. I don't need the copy of S-YXG50 because i already have it (and it's still available from the webpage of its unofficial maintainer (https://veg.by/en/projects/syxg50/), so i don't undestand why you'd need to DM it to me instead of linking the website).

That has already been requested on GitHub. I don't say "no" but don't hold your breath: foo_midi sees and processes each individual MIDI message and hands it over to the selected synthesizer but the Windows external MIDI API expects buffers with the messages ordered differently. It would require a major redesign of the plugin.
Oh, i see, I'm glad that at least I'm not the only one who'd love to see it, will keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, how am i supposed to use a VST directly with the foo_midi plugin? I only see the VST path in advanced settings, but no way to select the desired VST synth in the main foo_midi configuration window.

Reply #180
In the meantime, how am i supposed to use a VST directly with the foo_midi plugin? I only see the VST path in advanced settings, but no way to select the desired VST synth in the main foo_midi configuration window.
Am I missing something, or did you not read the instructions on the page you linked? Once VSTi path is configured you can pick potential instruments from the Player dropdown menu.

Reply #181
Omg i'm blind, thank you. I haven't visited that site in a long time, and typed it from memory. It's been a long time since i needed to download that synth. It does work as intended now.