Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How high w/WMA STD to sound CD LIKE? (Read 5156 times) previous topic - next topic

How high w/WMA STD to sound CD LIKE?

How high would the bitrate for Standard WMA (9.2  not Pro ) would you have to go up to , to achieve transparency? I ask this because I want to use wma (no flames please) and because wma in tests seems not fare as well at mp4, lame, etc... that I wondered then how much higher in a CBR or VBR bit rate range I would have to go to square against say.... .AAC

Thanks

Reply #1
Depends on your music and your ears.  I'd imagine ~160-192k is probably pretty safe for VBR.

Reply #2
How high would the bitrate for Standard WMA (9.2  not Pro ) would you have to go up to , to achieve transparency? I ask this because I want to use wma (no flames please) and because wma in tests seems not fare as well at mp4, lame, etc... that I wondered then how much higher in a CBR or VBR bit rate range I would have to go to square against say.... .AACThanks
Your own ears are the best test. I would start at 96 bitrate and compare to original. Then, try 128 and compare.  Keep going up in bitrate until you can't hear a difference, When you can't hear a difference, then you have the right bitrate.

Reply #3
How high would the bitrate for Standard WMA (9.2  not Pro ) would you have to go up to , to achieve transparency? I ask this because I want to use wma (no flames please) and because wma in tests seems not fare as well at mp4, lame, etc... that I wondered then how much higher in a CBR or VBR bit rate range I would have to go to square against say.... .AACThanks
Your own ears are the best test. I would start at 96 bitrate and compare to original. Then, try 128 and compare.  Keep going up in bitrate until you can't hear a difference, When you can't hear a difference, then you have the right bitrate.

Thank you both  I went with the WMA VBR 135-215