Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Documentary about the world's best stereo system (Read 2838 times) previous topic - next topic

Documentary about the world's best stereo system

One man's dream to build the best music system with no holds barred - Ken Fritz Documentary about the world's best stereo system ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2IOOhJmxw
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Re: Documentary about the world's best stereo system

Reply #1
Great post, thank you! I'll watch it this evening as it's 50 minutes long. I can tell you know though, he could have saved a lot of money by just calling Genelec.

Having said that, always nice to see people with an overwhelming passion

edit: HOLY CRAP - that's the biggest turntable I've ever seen!

Reply #2
he could have saved a lot of money by just calling Genelec.
And he could have better sound (at lower cost) by replacing the record player with a digital source. :D :D :D

...Well, I guess you can't say "better" if you like the "warm crackle" of a vinyl record!

Reply #3
'Best' as in 'the ear of the beholder'.

Edit: When it comes to data, quantitative is to qualitative as oil is to water.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #4
he could have saved a lot of money by just calling Genelec.
And he could have better sound (at lower cost) by replacing the record player with a digital source. :D :D :D

...Well, I guess you can't say "better" if you like the "warm crackle" of a vinyl record!
He has a CD player too. The interesting thing is given the choice between the two, 'evidently' he still listens to vinyl and seems ok with it.  Please, can we not go sideways here, as analog versus digital isn't really relevant to this particular discussion. Thanks.

Reply #5
I've always liked the idea of 3-channel.

Reply #6
My stereo (also 5.1 Surround) system is my desktop computer.  LOL!  As they say to each their own.

Reply #7
I can tell you know though, he could have saved a lot of money by just calling Genelec.

I didn't call them, but I made a jump and acquired 1031a speakers, which serve me as my media speakers, watching movies and shows, and listening to music. I just need a better preamp, which can feed a proper line output... there is time.

edit: HOLY CRAP - that's the biggest turntable I've ever seen!

I loved how the guy answered the comment how that turntable looks like sophisticated torture device... "it is, it is", LOL
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #8
I've always liked the idea of 3-channel.
He actually has surround system, that middle speaker is centre speaker. I seriously doubt he uses it for stereo playback. How it would be used, anyway?
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #9
My understanding is this is a stereo rig, with left and right tweeter banks on either side of center then flanked by left and right midrange banks and and again by left and right mid bass banks with some subs in separate boxes; and all done with active crossovers.