Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: exhale - Open Source USAC encoder (Read 118420 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: exhale - Open Source USAC encoder

Reply #1000
EZ CD Audio Converter 9.5.2 with Exhale v1.1.8.1 released. Also includes Fraunhofer IIS xHE-AAC update with more sample rates in low bitrate encoding.

Reply #1001
Thanks Jurgga, I appreciate the continued improvements in speech compression and xHE-AAC in VBR Q1 (36kbps, which becomes less than 24kbps if there is only speech) 48kHz mono is my preferred choice although I am beginning to fear that I will not use never USAC in my work. If the idea of ​​being able to use only one format for speech on each medium excites me, the absence of a decoder pre-installed even in Windows 10 keeps me from innovating in the same way as the impossibility of reproducing Opus (which has a best support) on iPhones that do not yet reproduce this format when embedded in Webm.

The war of containers after that of formats has tired me. Despite your work today I don't see only better speech than AAC LC, despite the bitrate (since I don't like to hear HE-AAC and in this I am in tune with many in my country).

Hoping not to have to wait for another 1,000 answers (yours was just the number 1,000) to see such a simple problem solved. The users of this forum do not represent the generality of the population and when the choice does not concern personal use, in my opinion, any changes must be postponed.

Reply #1002
I think I wrote 2 incomprehensible sentences. My frustration is for operating systems unable to add what is commonly found elsewhere, for example the ability to reproduce standardized formats, like Microsoft years after their own press releases, or when contained in known structures, always Microsoft which for example does not make Opus usable when incorporated in ISO, or Apple, which deserves to be laughed at for the number of years it takes for Ogg and Webm. In summary if one wanted to use the HTML <audio> tag without JS as of today, they still have to provide the same content in multiple formats.

None of those who produce content in this way will change format, making life difficult for those who produce coding software. This is my thought.

Reply #1003
FWIW, in spite of announcements that it should work, I can't even make Windows 11 (Pro version, clean install) and its apps (e.g. Groove Music) recognize USAC .m4a files. "This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4"

Reply #1004
FWIW, in spite of announcements that it should work, I can't even make Windows 11 (Pro version, clean install) and its apps (e.g. Groove Music) recognize USAC .m4a files. "This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4"

Has anyone tried the *new* Media Player App for Windows 11 with xHE-AAC ?

Reply #1005
Out of curiosity, which exhale binary build for windows is more optimised/fast, john33's Rarewares or NetRanger's?
Usually rareware's executable size for x64 is half of NetRanger's.

Reply #1006
This is because NetRanger works for the KGB and sets a "Honey Trap" in the binary.

Reply #1007
At least not for Facebook Ouch my bad: As per TOS8 I shall not claim that Facebook is different from a malicious dictatorship, as long as I have no evidence but the sighted evaluation of the glossy appearance.
High Voltage socket-nose-avatar