Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 692243 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #875
Ok, after short investigation I found a workaround. I replaced the second line as follows:

-$replace($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,),%directory%\,)*

Now this works like the older string in the previous version. Instead of using '..' it directly deletes the last dir inside the string. Or is there a better way?

Thanks for reading.

You could shorten it to one function -
Code: [Select]
-$replace(%path%,%directoryname%'\'%filename_ext%,)*

Reply #876
You could shorten it to one function -
-$replace(%path%,%directoryname%'\'%filename_ext%,)*

Oh yes, thanks, this is much easier!

Reply #877
Hello 

I don't understand all these programming languages, I just put the album art dll file into component folder and nothing happened. there is album art panel indeed, but it's completely white and I don't know how to import pictures to display them in this panel.. Can anyone explain in newbie language what to do step by step? 

Reply #878
Hello 

I don't understand all these programming languages, I just put the album art dll file into component folder and nothing happened. there is album art panel indeed, but it's completely white and I don't know how to import pictures to display them in this panel.. Can anyone explain in newbie language what to do step by step? 

You can find your explanation at:
foo_uie_albumart Wiki

Reply #879
Hello 

You can find your explanation at:
foo_uie_albumart Wiki

I saw wiki before coming here, but there is just explanation of each option, however, they don't say what should be done first, then what and then what.. Maybe you know other manual where it's describet step-by-step?

Reply #880
I saw wiki before coming here, but there is just explanation of each option, however, they don't say what should be done first, then what and then what.. Maybe you know other manual where it's describet step-by-step?

There is no step-by-step description, because it depends from what you want. But there is a coarse way, and everything is explained on the wiki-page(s). It may take some time to understand and until everything is as you want to. I will refer to this page with bold letters.
  • You have to meet the Requirements, i.e. install foobar and Columns UI. Maybe you have to look on these wiki pages, too.
  • Install Album art as described in Installation.
  • Add some pictures. The easiest way is to put jpg, gif or png into the same directory, where your audio files are residing. If you have severel directories with albums, put the pictures into these dirs.
  • Look for your Preferences. Maybe it takes some time until everything is clear.
  • Set up the Sources list. You can take the example from the wiki. Here again it may take some time until it is clear what to do here, in case you want to change the list.
  • Enjoy your pictures.

Reply #881
That's very good. thank you!!

Reply #882
Ugh I messed something up....I just need to know what to type in so that it displays the first .jpg in the folder and so that I can hit 'next' and 'previous' source and have it display the other .jpgs in the folder.

thanks

Reply #883
Ugh I messed something up....I just need to know what to type in so that it displays the first .jpg in the folder and so that I can hit 'next' and 'previous' source and have it display the other .jpgs in the folder.

thanks

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*

and make sure that "Cycle all wildcard matches" is checked on the "Behaviour" tab.

Reply #884
A little OT...but are there seriously not any other plugins available that DO support embedded album art?

edit: ok nevermind I think I found my answer...that's retarded. back to itunes/wmp11/winamp/anything else for me

Reply #885
A little OT...but are there seriously not any other plugins available that DO support embedded album art?

edit: ok nevermind I think I found my answer...that's retarded. back to itunes/wmp11/winamp/anything else for me

Well. As embedded albumart is a waste of HDspace (as the images take about 10X more because they must be in every file) I rather find the idea of embedded albumart retarded.
If you really want to use foobar it isn't that hard to extract the images and use this plugin.

Reply #886
Is there any way to have a panel ignore cycling certain images, like a NOT qualifier or something?

For example, I have a panel I want to use for artist images, which I keep in the directory with the album they are taken from. Say my album artwork is named folder.jpg and my artist images are any images in the directory that aren't folder.jpg, so I'd like to be able to say "!-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg" and have it ignore the album artwork in the cycling.

Reply #887
Is there any way to have a panel ignore cycling certain images, like a NOT qualifier or something?

No, unfortunately, there is no way to tell the panel to ignore a specific image.

Reply #888

Well. As embedded albumart is a waste of HDspace (as the images take about 10X more because they must be in every file) I rather find the idea of embedded albumart retarded.
If you really want to use foobar it isn't that hard to extract the images and use this plugin.

You're assuming that everyone has opted to rip their albums to separate files, instead of one large file with embedded cue sheets (and perhaps rip logs and other metadata like lyrics).  Hence, there is no waste of space and/or retardedness in wanting one file (as I've said before, probably in this thread somewhere) that is atomic; That is, one file that has the cue, log, (whatever else you do/don't want) and the album art in it. 

From a management standpoint, once you get up above a few hundred albums, having less files (to worry about) is a blessing in my opinion.

Reply #889

Okay... but how do I extract images from over 1000 albums worth of MP3s though?

Reply #890
i was puzzled for a while -my cpu was spiking for 2 seconds every 10 seconds
it was the image cycling feature of this component
the reason i bring this up, if it hasn't already been, is because the spiking was occuring even when there was only one source
the spikes top around 30% on a 4yr. old P4m @ 2GHz

thanks for the hard work, i really enjoy this componenet 

Reply #891
This component doesn't seem to handle fields with multiple values  - e.g. artist - properly, for me.

I would expect it to process each artist separately, if there is more than one. Has anyone manged to get this working - or knows that it definitely can't be done?

Reply #892
I'm not sure if it's been asked before- is it possible to make it so that if you drag + drop a picture onto the panel, then it adds the picture to the folder it is displaying.

ie, right now, when I have an album with no art, I have to find the art, right click on the panel, click "open directory" and then drag and drop the art into that folder, then refresh.

It would be really handy to be able to just drag+ drop, and it sends the file to the folder, and renames it to "folder.jpg".

Reply #893
I'm not sure if it's been asked before- is it possible to make it so that if you drag + drop a picture onto the panel, then it adds the picture to the folder it is displaying.

Yes, this feature is definitely on my to-do list.  iTunes has a similar feature with its album art display, and I think it's great.

Reply #894
could a feature be implemented that would allow the outer few pixels of the loaded album art to be hidden or cropped?

i currently do this within the panels ui component because album art scans are nowhere near always perfect, and a crop of about 5 pixels all the way around seems to take care of everything

the only way i know of accomplishing this now is to make a smaller resized copy of every album art image i have, leaving it just slightly bigger than the size of the component, and setting the component to not allow shrinking

Reply #895
Just to report a behaviour that can be a little nuisance and probably shouldn't work that way...

The core issue seems to be that double click action is not independent of the left click action, so that a double click always results in the left click action being performed before the double click one.

In my particular manifestation of the problem, when the left mouse action is set to next source and the double click action to open the image in external program and there are more than one source for the album, trying to double click on the current image will result in opening the NEXT image, since the first click will inevitably change the image before the second click is detected to command the image viewer to open. Consequently, in order to open the image you kinda need to cycle through all the images and then double click on the previous image to the one you intend to open...

Sure, I know it's not big deal and the issue can be easily worked around by setting the single left click button to a "neutral" or "harmless" action (like refresh or copying filename), but this already limits a bit the functionality of the mouse actions.

Oh, as a feature request, is there any chance that extra mouse buttons(+keys?) could be customized for more actions?

Oh, BTW, I love the smooth fading transition!

Reply #896
just a note - it doesn't work very well with the "Vista Transformation" kit

Reply #897
Could you add transparent background please?

Reply #898
Hi, I have some conflict when opening fullscreen opengl applications. Album art just disappears and its panel shows a desktop so i must restart foobar. Can anybody help me with this matter?

Reply #899
I just updated to the latest version of foo_uie_albumart (0.2.6) and now relative pathnames appear to be broken. The rule

--components\noalbumart.jpg

no longer works for me, but if I change it to

--C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components\noalbumart.jpg

it works fine. Any ideas what on earth is going on here? I couldn't see any other mention of the issue, so I'm assuming it's just me?

I can't think of any reason why this would happen. I just did a full update of my Foobar installation/components to bring them all up to date, and then this starts happening. I thought that perhaps it was caused by a conflict between an updated plugin version and a configuration for an older version (since I just reused my old foobar2000.cfg), but the same thing seems to be happening even if I delete the old config.