Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagBox Tag Editing Plugin (Read 148374 times) previous topic - next topic

TagBox Tag Editing Plugin

Reply #125
I don't understand what's this vertical spacing condensation? If you made this only for yourself than OK, but I think you should provide at least a tick box option and follow font and vertical spacing as globally set for lists, so that user won't notice inconsistency in layout, or put it politely - be more user-friendly

Also, can't all dialog group repeatings in configuration window be replaced with some combo box?

Noticed other issues, like user can't put it on the left edge of screen/layout, as drop-down menu will clip, but I think that not considering seamless integration with other player elements is more important to note

Thank you

Reply #127
Suggestion for you - integrate one of the online services that id a track by its content (like Shizamm) but it can work just by clicking a button in your interface which then sends a sample (sample should start from tracks current position if the active track is being tagged) to the service for IDing.

If you need to name of the service let me know.

Reply #128
Just discovered this very nice plug in.  Makes fixing and adding tags super easy, now that I can do it directly from the front of the player via UI Element.

One little feature suggestion.  How about enabling multi-line fields (such as the Comment field and Lyrics).  Being able to see more then one line of text would make it much easier to edit these type of fields.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Reply #129
I started to use foobar intensively and found your tagging plugin pretty useful, so great work!
Can I ask for a (supposely) easy feature like "clear underscores" under the capitalize autotrack etc menu?
Or even better I suggest for a replace char / string feature somewhere in the plugin.

Anyway great work again. Thank you for your hard work and regards, ExtremeMultiman

Reply #130
Regarding recent crash reports, so far I have not been able to reproduce the crash on my own machine and the crash report data is not enough for debugging, so if you experience a crash which involves TagBox, reporting exactly what you did that caused the crash here would be a lot of help. Thanks in advance.

Reply #131
Thank you so much for this awesome plugin! It's extremely useful

A couple of things, though:

* I'm using fb2k under WINE in Linux (which I know probably voids my warranty  ), but my dropdowns often look like this (here it's an auto-complete dropdown after me writing 'E'):

Haha. If there's any manual work-around for the likes of me, it'd be great to know

* When selecting files with multi-line field values (such as lyrics), the UI becomes very unresponsive (long lags when clicking files in playlists). Not sure why? Try copy/pasting a regular text file into a tag for an album's tracks and try it yourself.

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

EDIT: Just thought I'd add this one, as the other one is hardly a real problem, just a bit "off":

Reply #132
Hey Arash,

think that would be possible? ;-D

Reply #133
howdy, I've got a feature request, but I am not sure if it's utopic.

I like to have a behaviour, which preselect at example genre tags for an artist in the database.

Let's say I've got the files by ARTISTX tagged with Genre PUNK, when I add a new ALBUM of ARTISTX and can't remember the genre I used before, then the autocomplete pops up with the Genre I previously used for ARTISTX on top and the others (from Database) are listed below.
Is it possible?

Reply #134
Hi, just found this plugin, love what it does. I'd like to suggest two changes to the auto capitalization algorithm, though:

-Ignore the A->a rule when the string is "*.A*". For example, it currently performs changes such as "M.I.A."->"M.I.a.", "D.A.N.C.E." ->"D.a.N.C.E.", etc. I can't find any examples in my library where the following period isn't part of the string, but my intuition is that ".A" will still be more robust than ".A." without affecting other patterns.

-Treat colons as the start of a new string, for considering what to do with articles and prepositions. For example keep/change to, "Symphony 3: The Story" over "Symphony 3: the Story".

I'm not sure if the second one is supported or refuted by normative English capitalization rules, but I know that it looks strange in my library to see "a" and "the" lowercase following colons. I personally parse colons in song titles as denoting something like "Song Title Prefix: Main Song Title", or "Song Title Part 1: Song Title Part 2", if that makes sense.

Other than that, the feature was really great to stumble across. Foobar's default tag editor's ability to auto-capitalize everything is better than nothing, but still usually leaves a lot of manual editing work.

Also, not sure if this would be easy to implement based on how the plugin currently seems to work, but one of the reasons I use foobar's tag editor is to clear out custom tags written by other software, just in the spirit of cleaning up my files. If there was an option to display all unspecified tags when they are present, then tagbox would be a fuller replacement for the default tag editor interface.

Edit: Another auto-capitalization issue, this seems to be a bug following a pattern I can't figure out, though. A few of my tracks are getting the change "*'s*"->"*'S*" applied, but it's only a handful. The full titles are:
Dream Catcher’S Mitt
Less Yes’S, More No’S
Pompous Posies! Your Party’S No Fun
*Happiness ('S Unit of Measurement)

*This one might be responding to the leading parenthesis. It's certainly an atypical format but perhaps it could use an exception? Not sure if there would be valid cases for "*('s*" out there.

Emilie Sagée’S Secret
A Quick One, While She’S Away
The Ghost of EPPEEPEE’S Ghost

I'm not sure if it's worth noting that this is isolated to two artists in my library, but there are tracks on the same albums that do not experience this effect. These are all mp3's, using id3v2.3 for tags, which is also standard for all my unaffected songs.

Reply #135
...think that would be possible? ;-D

Actually I was going to add a feature to allow inserting of current date and time in a tag, but what you're suggesting is even better (it can always open to current date and time). On to-do list.

I'd like to suggest two changes to the auto capitalization algorithm...

I will improve TagBox's dealing with abbreviations and the thing you suggest about colons is valid too that should be corrected. The problem with the ’S is because those are not normal apostrophes if you look closely they have a little forward inclination, use normal apostrophe (') and you'll be OK.

Reply #136
+1 for multiline ability for comments and lyrics tags. 

I also think it would be really valuable to show the actual ID3 frame associated with the tag field for Mp3 files. I can't think of any other tag editor that easily displays this information, and showing it will avoid the need for hex editors to see frame assignments.

thanks again for a useful component.

Reply #138
I hope some day this is adapted to work as a Columns UI Panel...

Reply #139
hi there, nice plugin, thank you very much.
i'm looking for a DUI alternative to foo_uie_tagger_mod or in other words, a panel (for each single tag) with checkboxes.

i have one tab for each tag.
now i have to open the drop down list, before the vaules appearing and i can click them.

would it be possible to show the values direct, without the dropdown list?
i know this would look chaotic with a list of tags, but with just one tag it would make sense.

or any other ideas how i can have a checkbox panel in DUI?

thank you very much!

Reply #141
The dropdownlist is just one click away and you don't have to switch between tabs ...   

Reply #142
The dropdownlist is just one click away and you don't have to switch between tabs ...   

i know, the click is not the issue, it's the scrolling in the drop down...
i'm switching not that much between the tabs, it's more like having a list with tracks and then go through and clicking just a value.
mhh. any other idea for me mr. stankovic?

Reply #144
hello arash,

i have one request:

The ui-elemet shows only the playlists selection so that selections from library viewers or other sources  cannot be tagged in ui-element. Can you change that?

Reply #145
The component repeatedly crashed my foobar today. It happened on adding an SACD ISO (Bocelli - Sentimento) - only opening it was to enough to crash the program most of the time. Other times, it happened when I tried to select a range of tracks, and then clicked again. This is the first ISO among more than 200 where this happened. I have removed foo_tagbox for the moment and foobar is back to stable.

Reply #146
I tried to add Year tag and it became duplicated with some \\ in the middle.

Did I do something wrong or is it a bug?

I would appreciate some answer.

Thanks

Reply #147
My rate: TagBox  +++++

I am using foobar with columns ui and when i close TagBox after applying my tags and a window is opend in the backround  (or a program)  it brings it to the front.
It's not that serious but it's a little bit annoying.

A great plugin for taging with 2 clicks.

I would suggest a title format support!!!

Reply #148
Is there any way to correctly copy lyrics and paste it in a tag? Because as it is from standard, you only get the first row of the whole lyrics text. Would this be possible?

Reply #149
I've now read all posts on page 2 and I'm glad to have some support at my side . It seems some more people want to have multiline ability. Two commonly used multiline tags are Lyrics and Comments (as said before). So I guess many people would benefit from this functionality.

That would be really great in my opinion.