Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: copy & conditionally compress (Read 720 times) previous topic - next topic

copy & conditionally compress

My master copy of music is largely FLAC but includes some lossy files. Copying to iPod is straightforward with the plugin, but when i want to copy things to one of my non-iPod portable devices, it takes extra steps to copy & conditionally compress. I haven't found an override on the "convert" or "copy" functions to say "compress lossless stuff but just copy the lossy stuff". It's not so bad to sort by codec and then process them differently, but -- Am I missing an even easier solution? Thanks for your reading!

copy & conditionally compress

Reply #1
I don’t think there is an automatic solution within Converter itself. AFAIR, people have generally split their library into lossless and lossy components via $info(encoding) or %codec%, and then run separate copying and converting processes on these respectively.

Of course, I might be wrong and would welcome any better answers.