Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar and flac (Read 4160 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar and flac

Is there a way to make foobar display the bitrate of flac files, or is that just the way flac is?  Winamp displays a bitrate for them, but is it correct?
地獄

Foobar and flac

Reply #1
Is that information actually useful, since flac is lossless compression?

Foobar and flac

Reply #2
I think it isn't displayed because FLAC is lossless as said by George. You could have bitrate by dividing filesize/seconds of playtime. BUt would this make sense? I dont think so.

Foobar and flac

Reply #3
Is there a way to make foobar display the bitrate of flac files, or is that just the way flac is?  Winamp displays a bitrate for them, but is it correct?

Wait for 0.6 or use this foo_flac.

Foobar and flac

Reply #4
The only reason I asked was that winamp displays a bitrate for flac files, usually 700-800.  I KNOW they're lossless, so I geuss it was a stupid question.
地獄

Foobar and flac

Reply #5
The file being losslessy compressed has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with having a bitrate display, the original question was certainly relevant.

The input is a datastream at a certain amount of kbps which is variable and varies depending on the encoded data.  No difference between lossy and lossless.  The output is a fixed bitrate stream. Also no difference between losssy and lossless.