Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_webview (Read 40086 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_webview

Reply #375
New portable 64b FB install on drive S:, new Webview install.

Any help on this error at startup?

Error is referencing different HD and different portable install.

Components loaded in: 0:00.015876
Configuration read in: 0:00.004283
foobar2000 v2.1.5 x64 [portable]
Watching: S:\Jukebox Hero\Audio
foo_uie_webview is using WebView 126.0.2592.113.
foo_uie_webview is using profile "foo_uie_webview-8E7AE8DF-6544-494F-9B4BE0547A9A635D".
foo_uie_webview is using WebView 126.0.2592.113.
foo_uie_webview is using profile "foo_uie_webview-80950ACF-B867-4900-913DFA0B37E1FAD1".
User Interface initialized in: 0:01.023196
Loading foo_discogger
foo_discogger: http_client service ready
FFmpeg version: 6.0
foo_enhanced_playcount: loaded
Startup time : 0:01.214704
myLibrary init
myInitStageCallback init
Library initialized after 0:01.266781
foo_uie_webview failed to create controller: Server execution failed (0x80080005)

Reply #376

Error is referencing different HD and different portable install.

Ok, I discovered in FB prefs the clean install defaults Webview User Data + Template paths to previous install. Seems wrong to me.

Changing those pref paths to new install seems to resolve startup error and create new EBWebView folder.

Reply #377
Template from Yeyo with Track Infos and Run Services (Toggle On/Off).

Thanks to Yeyo, Julero and mjm716.

Star ratings are displayed if you have rated your track.

Added : playback time remaining.

Reply #378
Hi,
find a little bug (or not ?):

with an active webview (default component-settings):
On start playing a song, the volume-slider goes up to 100% - manually decreasing volume starting a new song - volume-slider stays at last position - restart fb2k - volume-slider stays by decreased volume - start playing a song : volume-slider goes up to 100%.

Without an active webview window the volume-slider always stays at last position.
Tested on 3 portable install: v2.15 64bit and preview v2.2 64bit newest

Can anyone confirm that?

Reply #379
the volume-slider goes up to 100%

Confirmed, although I hadn't figured out what was doing it - my vol has been starting up at 100% very recently (possibly corresponding to Webview update.)

BIG annoyance.

Reply #381
thanks for the confirmation @mjm716 and explanation @marc2k3  :D

Reply #382

- Star ratings are displayed if you have rated your track.

- Added :
-- Playback time remaining
-- Composer (Metadata)

Reply #383
For me, the volume jumps to maximum every change of a folder. So, most often when an album changes, or when it goes from one CD to the next one of an album.
foobar 2.1.5 x64, Windows 10 Pro fully updated

Michelist

Reply #384

-- Star ratings are displayed if you have rated your track
-- Composer (Metadata)
-- No question mark display

Reply #385

-- Star ratings are displayed if you have rated your track
-- Composer (Metadata)
-- No question mark display

-- Displaying radio station names
--- Necessary plugin :  foo_external_tags

Reply #386
pqyt,
the crash occurred when fb2k was shutting down.
Please take a look.

Reply #387
@Sergey77

Multi-source lyrics 0.56
-Del
Spider Monkey Panel 1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf
-Change
-v1.6.1-mod (2023-05-02) 32bit fixed version By: marc2k3
- https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116669.msg1026334.html#msg1026334
MilkDrop 2 Visualisation 0.1.0-beta
-Aren't the machine specs a bit strict?
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #388
Multi-source lyrics 0.56
-Del
Spider Monkey Panel 1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf
-Change
-v1.6.1-mod (2023-05-02) 32bit fixed version By: marc2k3
- https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116669.msg1026334.html#msg1026334
MilkDrop 2 Visualisation 0.1.0-beta
-MilkDrop 2 Visualisation/Requirements
> 3. Hardware-based 3D graphics acceleration (i.e., a video card with 3D support) supporting DirectX 9 with at least 8 MB of video memory.
- https://github.com/jecassis/foo_vis_milk2/wiki/MilkDrop-2-Visualisation#1-requirements
Air KEN, thanks for the recommendations.
From the suggested ones I installed SMP-mod. I wouldn't want to delete Multi-source lyrics 0.56. Maybe there is a way to fix the plugin conflict.
As for the hardware requirements for MilkDrop2, in my opinion they look a bit overstated (regarding 3D). Shpeck worked stably on my old computer without 3D, etc.

Reply #389
According to the crash reports, Multi-source lyrics 0.56 seems to be one of the causes of the crash.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #390
According to the crash reports, Multi-source lyrics 0.56 seems to be one of the causes of the crash.
I understand that. A similar issue was recently resolved for another plugin, Quick Search Toolbar. It had similar symptoms.
So I hope pqyt will have some motivation and ideas on how to fix it.

Reply #391
I understand that. A similar issue was recently resolved for another plugin, Quick Search Toolbar. It had similar symptoms.
So I hope pqyt will have some motivation and ideas on how to fix it.
What does foo_multisource do? I would like to believe @Airken that it has something to do with the crash but frankly I don't understand the stack dump. It looks like a deadlock.

Reply #393
I've had 2 requests to implement local file access in foo_uie_webview. While every fiber in my body signals this as a security risk for a browser component, I'd like to hear from the users what use cases you have in mind and what the requirements would be for such a functional extension.

Reply #394
I've had 2 requests to implement local file access in foo_uie_webview. While every fiber in my body signals this as a security risk for a browser component, I'd like to hear from the users what use cases you have in mind and what the requirements would be for such a functional extension.
Well there are other components with such access and so far everything has been ok. Obviously there are risks.

- Reading existing Biography files from other components/scripts.
- Downloading and saving biography related files.
- Reading and showing Artist related photos or media.
- Reading and showing lyric files.
- Reading PDFs (some media has art embedded in PDF and this panel could be used for that if webview allows it). It could also be used for other exotic use cases.
etc.

Ideally, it could also be used to download full webs and render them offline via caching. For ex. to display the allmusic web for an artist without the need of internet 24/7. With full file access it could easily be done.

Reply #395
I'd like to hear from the users what use cases you have in mind and what the requirements would be for such a functional extension.

You already know my primary use case (simply reading bio/review txt files), but long-term I really *need* better stats.

Regor's SMP stats would be great, but it never worked with my library size. webview simply works with minimal overhead.

It's relatively easy generating charts and graphs via js/html. i/o functions would facilitate that, e.g. input foo_sqlite output (as json, csv, xml ...whatever)

I have a hard time understanding how an exploit would occur (largely because I'm thick when it comes down to it).
A bad actor could potentially create and release something, but the distribution here is small and policed relatively well.
In more than 10 years here I've yet to see anything released with glaring bugs or even mistakenly making too many server requests that wasn't flagged by the community.

Reply #396
Regor's SMP stats would be great, but it never worked with my library size. webview simply works with minimal overhead.
That is not related to file access but library access, which would be great, but is an entirely different thing.

Anyway, are you saying this doesn't work for you? I don't see any potential problem with large libraries for that script unless you specifically can not use 32 bits due to library size. Also it would be relatively simple to load a JSON data file instead of using the library as reference.

Obviously if we could draw those things directly in JS, it would be great.