Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Will PeachTree amps work w/ RockBoxed iPod 5G? Firmware compatibility (Read 2594 times) previous topic - next topic

Will PeachTree amps work w/ RockBoxed iPod 5G? Firmware compatibility

I wondered if my rockbox firmware(added to a fifth gen. ipod), wil be playable on peachtree's i-decco, i-dac or i-nova amp equipment. Peachtree seems to imply that ipods older than the "classic" models, won't be compatable with the i-decco.  I can't seem to find any information online regarding rockbox firmware playing on peachtree equipment. Would love to be able to play flac files straight from the ipod into the i-decco's dac.  Hopefully someone out there has tried this.

Reply #1
I wondered if my rockbox firmware(added to a fifth gen. ipod), wil be playable on peachtree's i-decco, i-dac or i-nova amp equipment. Peachtree seems to imply that ipods older than the "classic" models, won't be compatable with the i-decco.  I can't seem to find any information online regarding rockbox firmware playing on peachtree equipment. Would love to be able to play flac files straight from the ipod into the i-decco's dac.  Hopefully someone out there has tried this.

The digital out on all Apple portable devices is heavily encrypted, so unless someone leaks decryption keys it will never be possible to use anything but Apple software and devices with it.

Reply #2
so putting flac files on a "rockboxed" ipod only plays through on headphones.  Will playing an ipod out of the bottom- jack, with a converter improve the sound over using the heaphone jack into a stereo?

Reply #3
so putting flac files on a "rockboxed" ipod only plays through on headphones.  Will playing an ipod out of the bottom- jack, with a converter improve the sound over using the heaphone jack into a stereo?

Its very unlikely to make a difference.  The output on iPods is good enough.

That said, getting a stereo that supports the ipod's dock isn't a bad idea.  It'll charge automatically, and fix the volume at line level for you.

Reply #4

I'm pretty sure the adaptors that use the line out from an iPod are fine. I guess if you wanted to you could buy something that gives the line out and plug that into a stereo rather than the headphone socket?