Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best was to resample from 24/88 to 24/96? (Read 2601 times) previous topic - next topic

Best was to resample from 24/88 to 24/96?

Hi - I have a DAC setup which will take 96KHz but not 88.2KHz as an input.  So, there's some great 24/88 music I've downloaded that I would like to resample to 24/96, and would greatly appreciate other members' suggestions on best method.  Does it even make a big difference sonically how it's done since we're talking about stuffing zeros beyond normal hearing ranges (I've read some of the other threads on upsampling from 16/44 to 24/96 on the forum)?  Is there a particular problem resampling from 88.2 to 96 I should be aware of?  Can use either Windows or Mac (I use a Mac but have virtualization or bootcamp solution).  If I use iZotope RX, any specific recommendations on settings? (Filter steepness, Cutoff shift, Pre-ringing)
Thanks in advance for your thoughts! 

Reply #1
http://src.infinitewave.ca/
Ceterum censeo, there should be an "%is_stop_after_current%".

Reply #2
Also try Adobe Audition 3.
When I test them,I had very high quality upsampling or downsampling.