Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MIDI Control For Windows Mixer... (Read 8055 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI Control For Windows Mixer...

I have an Ozone Keyboard/External Audio device, it has 8 programmable knobs, 1 slider, and 2 wheels. I was wondering if there is any software that would allow me to control my windows mixer, or Foobar with my Midi Controller.

When i'm not using some sort of sequencer software, it would be cool to be able to control Foobar, or the windows volume from a MIDI unit.

could also leed to some decent DJ plugins for foobar.

Anyone?

word.
wes.

Reply #1
hello,

there's a midi plug in for winamp that allows minimal control of it. it can be downloaded at winamp.com.

i never could use it though cos it didn't let me chose the right midi device

i too am waiting for such a program but there seem to be no real interest from developers...

hope this help

Reply #2
there's a midi plug in for winamp that allows minimal control of it. it can be downloaded at winamp.com.

i never could use it though cos it didn't let me chose the right midi device

As a sidenote: winamp uses the Windows default midi device. You can change that; in Control Panel... Sounds and Multimedia... you choose the "audio" tab and change the "preferred device" for "midi music playback", that's all. But you may already know this

Reply #3
Hello,

i programmed a little tool for controlling the windows master volume via midi-controller.

grab it here :
midi2master.vol

cheers !

strobotone.de

Reply #5
Just released another Audio related gadget for Win Vista/7/8 :
mVControl (MIDI Volume Control)
which lets you control output and input volumes via MIDI controller and -keys and runs in the background.

This is useful for people who want to control their audio levels using existing MIDI hardware without having to open any user interface. Set and forget.

Get it here : mVControl.zip

Kind Regards!

Reply #6
Thanks.