Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping? (Read 2142 times) previous topic - next topic

Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping?

Hello,

I have a bunch of 32bit float takes from a film I'm shooting. What I normally can do in Audition is adjust the peaks manually, but I wanted to know if there was a way to pull down just the parts that are clipping in a batch process then export to 24 bit also in a batch process?

Thanks!

Re: Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping?

Reply #1
Hello,

I have a bunch of 32bit float takes from a film I'm shooting. What I normally can do in Audition is adjust the peaks manually, but I wanted to know if there was a way to pull down just the parts that are clipping in a batch process then export to 24 bit also in a batch process?

Thanks!
Are you sure you want to do that?  To reduce just the peak level you could use a peak limiter with appropriate attack/release and infinite slope.  However, you might not like the results if the peaks are severe.  You'll have to play with the time constants. 

Otherwise, normalize the whole thing to -1dBFS.  Totally innocuous, no side-effects, doesn't change anything except whatever gain it takes to eliminate the overs.  That's what I would recommend until you're in the final mix.

Re: Can you batch process 32 bit float AND adjust clipping?

Reply #2
dBpoweramp can do this, you can peak to peak volume normalize, EBUR128 volume normalize, or even dynamic range compress.