Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where to find Dynamic Range Meter that works in foobar? (Read 19803 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to find Dynamic Range Meter that works in foobar?

Hello,

is there any free Dynamic Range Meter plugin out there?

Re: Where to find Dynamic Range Meter that works in foobar?

Reply #2
1.1.1. is the latest version, but it's still buggy and crashes sometimes. So called "DR" isn't a great determinant of perceived loudness anyway, far better going with something like EBU R128 standard, LUFS (integrated).

Reply #3
1.1.1. is the latest version, but it's still buggy and crashes sometimes. So called "DR" isn't a great determinant of perceived loudness anyway, far better going with something like EBU R128 standard, LUFS (integrated).

Aha thanks for the input =) Wanted to contribute to the DRM database, but thats maybe not so correct as information about "good" tracks?

Reply #4
DR is popular with some on-line communities who like to complain about certain aspects of modern mastering techniques, whilst actual mastering engineers are far more likely to use their ears, or LUFS integrated, (both far better determinants of perceived loudness than DR). DR for a single track or a whole album is pretty meaningless on its own, but I guess a certain amount of info can be gleaned when comparing the DR figures for different albums, or different masters of albums.

Not sure if there's an easy way to get FB2K to display the LUFS integrated for each track, it may be part of the ReplayGain functionality, but I haven't really looked into it, I usually use RX5 Advanced or various limiting plugins and meters to get that info. When I am mastering an album, one track at a time, I'll try to hit a good LUFS figure for all the track, and then when listening back it's usually pretty close, maybe need to adjust some tracks a dB or two at most, to get everything sitting well together.